AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NFL Chicago Vs Greenbay In the Very New Chicago Soldier Field Stadium Topic IN HDTV

You may post any comments on the HDTV Picture or You may post any comments on the New Look Of Chicago Soldier Field Stadium.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The game is not in HD here in Phoenix. Pretty disappointing. I talked to several Chicago immigrants at work today. They and their relatives back there think the new stadium is ugly. They also said there is a pretty steep fee for season ticket holders to get their seats. They're all excited about the Cubs tho.

JG

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
"Pretty disappointing" is the game. Well, no, it's expected. Both teams suck, the Packers just suck less. I'm disappointed at ABC for picking these teams, but they usually do a sucky job at picky games anyway.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
The nice HD picture helps to show that the Bears really suck this year. The boo's in DD5.1 are a nice effect. Too bad the first game in the new stadium has to be with this team.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, the Bears got a field goal, which is more than they deserve for the way they're playing.

Picture looks very nice though.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LukeStephensOSI
Tell me why the bears made it on SNF and MNF? They are a horrible team
Probably because the idiots that make those decisions think a renovated stadium will make the Bears a good team just like they think a new stadium here will make the Cardinals a better team. :)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I believe every team is required to have at least one SNF or MNF game (or maybe it's one primetime game, which would include Thursday).

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
I saw the stadium last month while in Chicago, I don't like it at all. It looks like they stuck a sombrero on top of the old Soldier Field. Bears still playing poor.

The HD production is very good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The KC Chiefs get two games this year and that is understandable. However, what the heck were they thinking when they gave Chicago two games this year. The bengals would be more enjoyable!

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
The pq is excellent. One note about this stadium, don't judge a book by its cover. While the exterior is butt ugly, the interior is some of the finest digs you will find in the NFL. Two answers to the Bears performance: 1 - fire John Shoop 2 - fire Dick Jaron. Putting Rex Grossman in the game can only help.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
At least in Denver, when they show a wide shot of the field I see horrible MPEG artifacting on the green grass. I see that the local station is also multicasting their SD picture on the 17-2 channel, so maybe that's cutting into the HD bandwidth for 17-1.

Close up shots look good, but the wide view of the field is nauseating with all the swimming going on in the grassy areas...

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drhill
I believe every team is required to have at least one SNF or MNF game (or maybe it's one primetime game, which would include Thursday).
not that ive ever heard of. off the top of my head i cant think of a primetime game for the cards in this millenium. but i could care less.

GO CHIEFS :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Speaking of the stadium, all the suites are on one side with the "grandstand" seats on the other. What a commentary on separating the rich from the super rich. The view from the lake isn't bad. But coming down Lakeshore Dr., the UFO really is obnxious.

Oh, I agree the PQ is really good. Not too much use of the skycam. Wish we could get 5.1 down here in central IL.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Picture just went south...what happened? Whole top half is pixelated....like a brick wall. Anyone else?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Umm, anyone else feel that the long esteemed history and memories of Solider Field were thrown out the window, then ran over by a eighteen wheeler?

Too bad they couldn't better incorporate the old architecture with the new design...

·
Registered
17,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drhill
I'm pretty sure that's not correct. I believe there are some teams that have never appeared (or very nearly never) in those timeslots.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.