AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,652 Posts
I'm not getting the 49ers @ Vikings games in FW either, from my local Fox DTV station.

Is anyone else?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Nor is it widescreen in Detroit (San Francisco at Minnesota). Whether this is a network problem or locals forgetting to flip the switch, I don't know.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Pregame and SF/Minnesota is 16:9 and DD 5.1 here..

NFL Sunday is always done in 16:9, as is FOX News Sunday..

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,652 Posts
It's in FW in Seattle.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I have widescreen here on WRAZ-DT Raleigh, NC. So it must be local.

·
Registered
938 Posts
A message in another thread said the game in south Jersey wasn't in widescreen. Assuming it was supposed to be in widescreen, then either the network's not sending widescreen, or our locals aren't on the ball and didn't flip the switch...

As for the pregame show, has it been in widescreen at all this year? It hasn't been the last couple of weeks, but I remember it being widescreen last year.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quote:
NFL Sunday is always done in 16:9, as is FOX News Sunday
well someone forgot to tell channel 5 in NYC.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't worry you ain't missing much, PQ is terrible. Saw one good looking game on Fox (good for widescreen 480) this one is worse than normal. I think they benefit more from sunlight....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HCR33
Don't worry you ain't missing much, PQ is terrible.....
Not compared to normal SD it isn't.............

Or for that matter the Eagles Game, which is my local FOX game right now, I am glad to have the FW game on D*......it's better than nothing!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I use to comment on how it only took a camera shot of someone walking to begin seeing bad motion artifacting on Fox Widescreen just like everybody else was saying they saw. It has been like that as long as my local Fox started Fox Widescreen.

But as of last weekend this makes two weekends straight fox showed widescreen football and showed no sign of motion artifacting at all to be seen. Fox or somebody changed something for the better. Don't know what but I'm glad they did. Granted, it's not true HD with the clarity or detail but it's a huge improvement over that really annoying artifacting. Anybody have any idea of what's changed?

·
Registered
234 Posts
it's wide screen here in LA. And as far as PQ goes the Vikes/49ers game probably looks as good as I have seen from FOX football

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It looks OK on D*, until you switch to the HD game on 70, and then you can really see what a difference real HD is. Fortunately D* is sending full bandwidth for the HD football game. I wish they could send full bandwidth for all of their HD without having to stat mux at all.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
SF vs MN + Pregame/NFL Sunday(12:15 pmEDT) in Fox Widescreen via WXIX-DT Cincinnati. Looks pretty good(nothing like HD though) as usual via this station which upconverts to 1080i for broadcast.

Fox News Sunday and first 15 min of NFL Sunday were in "weirdscreen"(16x9 squeezed into 4x3), but it was fixed around 12:15pm or so ...

·
Registered
203 Posts
In Tampa we were getting the SF vs. MIN in FW but they switched at halftime to PHI vs. BUF, which is not FW. I guess they decided the 28-0 a** kicking the '9ers were taking was enough reason to switch games. I don't remember our local FOX affiliate ever doing that before.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It was in WS here in Seattle until the half, at which point, the game switched to Philadelphia - Buffalo in regular crap. Don't know if the local station made the decision to switch (assuming so), but since D* has it blacked out here, it's not available at all.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Switched to 4x3 PHI vs. BUF on WRAZ Raleigh NC also.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kwhittenberger
It was in WS here in Seattle until the half, at which point, the game switched to Philadelphia - Buffalo in regular crap. Don't know if the local station made the decision to switch (assuming so), but since D* has it blacked out here, it's not available at all.
I called the local fox station here in Seattle (206-674-1305). The said the network switched. They don't know when, or if, the Viking game will be back. I suggest calling.

As D* is also off, due to local station coverage, how do we get D* to turn on the feed?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.