AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word official, or otherwise on CBS/FOX/ABC having NFL in HD.

I can't get OTA in my region, but I get a lot of the Network feeds on my Express Vu Model 6000.

Last season the CBS NCAA Stuff was on EVu, so I am hoping for some NFL this season on Sundays and/or Mondays.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Not at this time. Lots of speculation but nothing else right now, sorry.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Well... I think it pretty safe to say that Faux will definitely not be providing anything beyond "the almost best that NTSC can be". As for anyone else, we can only hope.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Man E
Well... I think it pretty safe to say that Faux will definitely not be providing anything beyond "the almost best that NTSC can be". As for anyone else, we can only hope.
That's an interesting quote, what's the source?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Just a reminder to posters of threads like this to please put a question mark in your thread title when you are asking if something will be broadcast in HD (i.e. "NFL in HD?"). Otherwise we see the thread title and think you are making the announcement that the NFL will be in HD and are disappointed when we open the thread.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
What does a definition for the word euphemism have to do with my question?

Is the statement "the almost best that NTSC can be" a quote or isn't it? If it is, who said it? If it isn't, why did you use quotation marks?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
LOL. But will Vicki's "bongos" be in HD? And will it be 720p or 1080i? (Just trying to keep on topic with the thread.)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Flooper
LOL. But will Vicki's "bongos" be in HD? And will it be 720p or 1080i? (Just trying to keep on topic with the thread.)
Hey! I like a nice musical HD program. Will Vicki be playing her "bongos" in it? ;)

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by spwace

As a euphemism, that phrase really "bites it".
Yes, spwace, jokes that have to be explained usually do lose their punch.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I know what a euphemism is, but it certainly was not clear in this case that you were speaking euphemistically rather than quoting someone directly. Perhaps in person I would have been able to properly interpret the euphemistic "finger quotes".

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Moderator hat off.

Get to the point, already.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Hey Ken, put your hat back on and put a question mark on this topic. Isn't that what got this whole thing started?:) :D ;)

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Thanks, done.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Assuming this thread is about football:

Maybe this is just very wishful thinking, but couldn't a deal be worked out between Fox Sports and a certain Dallas Mavericks owner?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by davez
Assuming this thread is about football:

Maybe this is just very wishful thinking, but couldn't a deal be worked out between Fox Sports and a certain Dallas Mavericks owner?
Not without the full cooperation of the NFL.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You would of thought that would've been the case when the Mav's were in the playoffs and at home court.

If he didn't do it for his OWN team what would incline him to do it with another sport? let's hope he does broadcast some football in HD.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.