AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to order something special to get this channel? I switched on the HD package, but 98 (where NFL network HD is supposed to be) tells me to order. I want to watch the Raiders in HD tonight. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,618 Posts
I think you need the Sports Pack or NFL ST.

·
Premium Member
35,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
i get the ST and the Patriots/Bengals game is showing up just fine on 98...
Same here. The bug is in a rather obnoxious spot..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the sports pack but no ST and I am not able to watch...I agree that its pretty lame to have the game available on the SD channel but blacked out on the HD channel, but thats life...preseason NFL games are about as much as fun as watching paint dry anyways

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by esterman
preseason NFL games are about as much as fun as watching paint dry anyways

A big NFL fan huh? :rolleyes: Preseason games boring?????? :eek: I'm just glad that football is back. :D

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt66
A big NFL fan huh? :rolleyes: Preseason games boring?????? :eek: I'm just glad that football is back. :D
I've been a big NFL fan for many years, and yes, preseason games are boring and a ripoff for those season ticket holders that have to pay full price for them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Preseason is a good way to see how the players that were drafted are going to work out. I find it very interesting. To each his/her own.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,618 Posts
Is it still on?

·
Registered
77 Posts
how sorry is that!

it's on 212 but in order to see a game in HD that is "taped" and we know the results they want me to signup for ST????????????

Forget About It!!!!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hmmm. Those games on the NFL network on Ch98 were free last year. They were NFL Films 1 hour recaps of the games...

Does ST spell out that the NFL network games in HD are part of the package?...or is it part of the some other package?....or something else. Kind of annoying for those of us who paid for HD. It's clear that D* is going to charge for any sports HD, at least for now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree! I really don't like the idea of having to pay extra just to watch a program in HD that's available on the SD channel at no extra cost. It's really obvious that D* wants to bleed whatever extra dollars they can out of their HD subscribers. At least there will be plenty of network HD football during regular season!

Another bad move by D*. When my contract is up, I'll be going back to TimeWarner Cable, I guess!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Football isn't my favorite sport (I love it, but there's others I like better), and I really like watching preseason NFL. Part of the 1st half is the starters who have to tuneup, even though they may be careful for injuries, but I like it even better when the subs come in, great seeing guys literally fight for a job and give it their all on that field.

Does anyone know if Comcast is showing these HD games? I recently got Comcast, but heard they used to show the Game of the Week HD stuff last year

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Comcast didn't show this afternoons game[might just be that they didn't know it was in HD].....if tonights game's not shown in HD i'd recommend calling your local Comcast office and tell em it's supposed to be in HD.

·
Registered
45,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa99
Hmmm. Those games on the NFL network on Ch98 were free last year. They were NFL Films 1 hour recaps of the games...
Two different programs. I still expect The Game of the Week will make it's appearence as the season gets underway.

I'm not clear yet on who is carrying the perseason games, and where to find them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastnee
Do you have to order something special to get this channel? I switched on the HD package, but 98 (where NFL network HD is supposed to be) tells me to order. I want to watch the Raiders in HD tonight. Any thoughts?
NFL Network is provided to NFL ST subs.

J C

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I am not a Sunday Ticket Sub but I did re-add the Sports pack yesterday to watch English footie. I didn't check the early game but the 49ers-Raiders was available to me on channel 98.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt66
Oh yes, they're boring as hell, and I'm as a big a football fan as you're likely to see. Why are they boring? Because there's NO POINT. Nothing compelling. And you see nothing but scrubs for most of the time, which means XFL-caliber football.

Preseason is way too long and couldn't be more worthless and pointless, especially when you start seeing starters get 3-4 month injuries like Grossman in Chicago.

Think about it: The Bears season is already likely over thanks to the loss of their starting QB, barring a miracle or an ascension of someone else they hadn't counted on. And for what?

I'd rather see them reduce preseason by say...2 weeks and those 2 weeks to REGULAR season play.

Too long! And yes, terminally boring to MANY real football fans.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I love preseason. I already watched the niners/raiders game twice. As an evaluative tool there is no better option. How else ar you going to find undrafted free agents, competing for third string spots who are going to work their way up to second and eventually starting players?

I used to be bored by preseason too, the trick is to get informed. Many "real" football fans don't follow the NFL draft and free agency period. they only know the team starters. Fact is, the preseason is where you will see backups shine who will eventually be team starters. Some of these guys will replace starters this year.

I love watching the effort that these guys put into the games, it's their one shot at making it in the NFL and they give it all of their heart.

For instance, Seneca Wallace, the Seahawks backup QB, looked easily as good, if not better than Michael Vick on saturday. He was just as elusive as Vick, and unlike VIck he can complete his passes. I hate the seahawks, but this guy is the real deal.

Without preseason, nobody would know about the guy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.