AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject line says it all. ESPN is kicking ass on the postgame coverage.

NFLN is the network that wants us to lobby our cablecos to pay an extra buck or two a month to carry their HD live games (with Bryant Gumball LOL), but they can't put together a decent HD championship postgame package? LOL. Lemme guess, they'll be doing Super Bowl postgame in 4:3 SD as well. ROTFLMAO.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
They don't even do their own halftime report or pregrame in HD. Their coverage blows.

·
Registered
532 Posts
In their defense I found their game coverage to have excellent PQ. But yes, the lack of pregame, postgame, and other HD shows is definitely lame.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
And. No 5.1. But yes, the PQ is good.

·
Banned
8,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule123 /forum/post/0

Subject line says it all. ESPN is kicking ass on the postgame coverage.

NFLN is the network that wants us to lobby our cablecos to pay an extra buck or two a month to carry their HD live games (with Bryant Gumball LOL), but they can't put together a decent HD championship postgame package? LOL. Lemme guess, they'll be doing Super Bowl postgame in 4:3 SD as well. ROTFLMAO.

As most know, I am no fan of the NFLN - but considering they know what their ratings are - and that the only fulltime HD Channel they have is E* iirc, then it certainly makes no sense to do a postgame in HD for less than 1M Dish HD Customers - of which maybe 3 people are watching.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVFanAtic /forum/post/0

As most know, I am no fan of the NFLN - but considering they know what their ratings are - and that the only fulltime HD Channel they have is E* iirc, then it certainly makes no sense to do a postgame in HD for less than 1M Dish HD Customers - of which maybe 3 people are watching.

ESPNEWS generally does well in these postgames for its market share, so you can all rest assured when ESPNews goes HD later this year I think you'll see much more HD 'bonus coverage.'

·
Banned
8,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCTV99 /forum/post/0

ESPNEWS generally does well in these postgames for its market share, so you can all rest assured when ESPNews goes HD later this year I think you'll see much more HD 'bonus coverage.'

Considering that ESPN has 2 HD channels available 24/7 to tens of millions of subs - not just below 1 Million HD Subs on E* like NFLN has 24/7, I would hope so - but the last time I read the topic and the comments - it was NFLN's lack of HD that was the subject here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.