AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NFL Network: Everything But the Bowl

1/22/2007 4:05:00 PM

NFL Network will present more than 100 hours of Super Bowl-related programming, including 55 hours of live coverage and more than 60 HD hours.

The National Football League's cable service said highlights will include every NFL-related press conference live, including: team arrivals; player availability; head-coach press conferences; Hall of Fame announcement; commissioner Roger Goodell's first Super Bowl press conference; the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award; special performances by Prince and Cirque de Soleil; and sponsor award conferences.

NFL Network will also air five hours of live coverage on Media Day Tuesday, Jan. 30, along with a live three-and-a-half-hour pregame show on Super Bowl Sunday from Dolphin Stadium in Miami and a two-hour postgame show.

Super Bowl XLI will air live from Dolphin Stadium in Miami Sunday, Feb. 4 on CBS.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News

·
Registered
688 Posts
60 hours of actual HD? Is the NFL Network trying to set a new precedent? This is more HD programming then they have aired all season!

·
Registered
688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William /forum/post/0

Will Bryant Gumball be doing the play by play on all 60 hours?

Or even worse.........Deion Sanders!

Could they have possibly assembled a worse crew?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVFanAtic /forum/post/0

I wonder how many of the 60 Hours of HD will include "SD Cameras on the field" just as their HD Game Coverage did. I understand TNT-HD broadcasts 168 hours a week in HD as well

Wow, 2 in one day....

That was funny.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
this is really testing my mantra that any hd is good hd. i mean, how much pre game content do we really need? i'm the biggest football fan you'll find, but even i find myself saying no mas to all the hype. just play the damn game...

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf /forum/post/0

wouldn't be surprised if the bowl is on the agenda for next year.

Impossible.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf /forum/post/0

NFL Network: Everything But the Bowl

wouldn't be surprised if the bowl is on the agenda for next year.

I know its supposed to be on fox and is a cash cow but the NFL holds the cards.

Rights to the game are signed away for the next 6 years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.