AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first time to watch an HD football game on ESPN-HD via Cablevision.

The thing I noticed first is unlike with the MLB games the bottom line ticker is only on for 18 min and 58min after updates which is good.

I'd say the overall PQ is good, on par with ABC-HD.

Some of the far away shots look a bit soft but it is raining so they may be having an effect also,

·
Registered
438 Posts
This is the first HD football I have be able to watch. PQ is good. Not great. But I have never seen football look this good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here in San Diego our local affiliate KGTV is broadcasting the game in SD on their HD channel :( Un-fricken-believable. ITS OUT TEAM.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Looking beautiful via Comcast, I felt like I was in the tunnel next to Favre, though I can kind of see the rain effect people are talking about during the gameplay. Also great to not have the bottomline ticker 24/7. I think it looks better than Monday's game, but my ABC does multicast to 7.2 and 7.3.

Now, you know it'd come up, why does ESPN still do 2.0 or whatever there's is called when ABC does DD5.1?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Truth
Now, you know it'd come up, why does ESPN still do 2.0 or whatever there's is called when ABC does DD5.1?
Set your AVR to Dolby Pro Logic II mode and you'll be getting a pretty good surround sound feed. I think this was a recommended tip from one of the engineers at CircleSurround or whatever the company's name is, in a thread a while back. It works very well.

·
Registered
10,582 Posts
People were offended when ABC revealed a boob at halftime; I’m offended ESPN showed an ass at halftime. :mad:

I thought Monday was better - much sharper. Rather soft tonight via E*.

·
Registered
252 Posts
All that HD Gear getting wet for the preseason. Then again who cares its football Viva HDTV!

OOHH! Steelers vs Eagles next monday wonder if T.O. and Ward will show up?

Not bad via Cox in Tucson.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adash66
All that HD Gear getting wet for the preseason. Then again who cares its football Viva HDTV!

OOHH! Steelers vs Eagles next monday wonder if T.O. and Ward will show up?

Not bad via Cox in Tucson.
TO guaranteed not to be there

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4two2
Here in San Diego our local affiliate KGTV is broadcasting the game in SD on their HD channel :( Un-fricken-believable. ITS OUT TEAM.
So? :D

The local broadcasts of ESPN HD games, in the home markets of the two teams, are NEVER in HD on the local rightsholders' digital channel. EVER. I'd assume much of this is for technical reasons.

However, at least here in Cleveland, they do not blackout ESPNHD if the Browns are playing. If you'd checked ESPNHD, you'd probably have seen the game in HD.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens
People were offended when ABC revealed a boob at halftime; I’m offended ESPN showed an ass at halftime. :mad:
Actually, it was CBS, but ABC did allow for a dropped towel. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Because this is my first football season with HD, it is weird seeing how much EXTRA footage I can see with a widescreen. The score box at the top of the screen is at the far top right in a 4:3 broadcast, so whatever is to the right of the scoreboard are things I wouldn't have seen before, NICE. :D

By the way, the picture was a little fuzzy, I am assuming it was from the rain.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just got D* HD love the picture and sound. I was wondering about the replay on tonight charger game they look fuzzy on about a quarter of the screen is this normal or maybe no one else saw it and it is my tv. I pray it is not my new TV LOL!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.