AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about cancelling my Directv service, does anyone know if I can still keep the NFL Sunday Ticket w/o any other programming. Also does anyone know of a good Directv receiver w/ component outputs on (Non- HDTV)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I don't think that is possible anymore. At one time it was, but not in the last 4-5 years at least.

As a new customer at one time, I think they even allowed someone to sign up for the NFL package alone, with no other programming. Now, that is impossible. It is not allowed, so I don't think they allow it. New customers: DEFINITELY Existing Customers: I DOUBT IT.

They want as much as they can get.

If they did allow this. I would go out and get a dish just for this and probably the Baseball package, and maybe the NHL Package.

It would be nice if they did that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbilly
I am thinking about cancelling my Directv service, does anyone know if I can still keep the NFL Sunday Ticket w/o any other programming. Also does anyone know of a good Directv receiver w/ component outputs on (Non- HDTV)
I did that about 2 1/2 years ago. Just called them up and cancelled my regular service, but made sure they understood I still wanted to receive the NFL ticket. No problems. Plus I get NFL Network all year round :D .

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteyBurns
I did that about 2 1/2 years ago. Just called them up and cancelled my regular service, but made sure they understood I still wanted to receive the NFL ticket. No problems. Plus I get NFL Network all year round :D .
Wow. is this still allowed. Not for new customers I would gather.

Maybe for people who sign up for the year? After that you can do what you want?

That would be sweet if that were the case.

Anyone have any info(recent personal experience or website info) as to whether this is allowed by D*?

2 1/2 years ago seems like a while ago, and I wouldn't think this is there current policy because if most people found out you could do this, they would just have the NFL Sunday Ticket and no other programming(Since this would be the BIG advantage of D* since no one else carries it. If they all did, it would be moot)

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE
Wow. is this still allowed. Not for new customers I would gather.

Maybe for people who sign up for the year? After that you can do what you want?

That would be sweet if that were the case.

Anyone have any info(recent personal experience or website info) as to whether this is allowed by D*?
Pick up the phone and call and ask...It amazes me that people feel that an answer in some forum will trump what they actually hear from D* when it comes to programming options...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just talked to Directv, they no longer allow u to have it all on its own, u need to have a subscribtion to a package. The best I got out of them was u can subscribe to the spanish programming for $29.99 a month, or Total Choice Limited for 34.99 a month. They have a Directv Basic for 9.99 a month but u can't use this to get NFL Sunday Ticket, its only to subscribe to foreign programming, which in my opinion is ********, but couldn't get anywhere with them at all at allowing me to order just that to get NFL, talked to three different reps all worse than the other. I have D* for nine years and never realized how uninformed and unprofessional their reps are. So it looks like either no Sunday Ticket or Spanish programming this year!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
For the price Direct Tv is asking for the NFL sunday ticket, I wouldn't even consider it. You will have a better bet buying property in Canada, sign up for Bell and use the unit in your US address bill the service to your Canadian address.

I agree about Direct Basic only being offered to International customers. I share that description with you. With the cost of the NFLst as high as any other markup they put on their international channels, they SHOULD offer the Basic to NFLst customers too.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCarncross
Pick up the phone and call and ask...It amazes me that people feel that an answer in some forum will trump what they actually hear from D* when it comes to programming options...

CCarncross,

This is a place to GET INFORMATION. If you don't like it, tough. That is why this is a FORUM. For people to find answers to questions.

Yes, I could just call them. I actually e-mailed them and got my answer. But when someone posts that they did it, I am wondering how and why they could do it. If someone out there had info as to if it was allowed, that could be useful to some, and not others.

Do us a favor, and remove that major bug that is in your ass, and try to keep your posts informative.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have had the Sunday Ticke package on its own for two years. I was told last year that it was the last year that they would allow this. Well, I just received my first bill a couple of weeks ago where the are automatically billing 50/month for the Sunday Ticket. That's how they billed me the past two years.

So it looks like it can happen but it may be luck.. and if for any reason I call for service they'll find me out and cut me off!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
At least call and ask the provider 1st, THEN come here and see if someone might have gotten a different answer. You want to behave like a child, go ahead, I will not take that path...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.