AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo (NForce2 chipset) and an ATI AIW Radeon (the original one, whatever the number), a really awesome chipset and mobo but some slight problems. About one of those, analog inputs not passed through digitally, in another thread and here's another.

DD passthrough from the Ati DVD player (7.6) isn't recognized by the amp (Denon AVR-1600RD) except in sub-second slices now and then. Everything else works, the same DVD:s DD passthrough'ed with PowerDVD, the same DVD:s with the same Ati DVD player but DD downmixed and output as PCM or re-encoded DD, NForce DD encoding of anything. So, anyone having AtiDVD DD passthrough working with NForce S/PDIF?

I checked the S/PDIF signals with my oscilloscope and they seem OK and pretty same with PowerDVD and AtiDVD, PowerDVD just doesn't care about the "enable digital output" checkbox of NVidia control panel so it's apparently working on lower level than the "Ravisent S/PDIF passthrough output" of AtiDVD. Thus my guess is something is messing with that Ravisent driver, maybe outputting other signal at the same time, and breaking the DD signal. It doesn't matter if I have DD encoding enabled or not and I naturally have checked there isn't anything else outputting audio running.

/T

·
Registered
149 Posts
I believe that this problem is not limited to nForce motherboards - a lot of people have had trouble with the DD passthrough of the ATI software. Reportedly the next version of the ATI software will use decoders from another source, specifically because of this issue. These drivers will not likely be available until after the first of the year, according to rumor.

Personally, I just gave up on the ATI player and now use PowerDVD, which works great on my nForce system.

Good Luck,

Andrew

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, my previous SBLive apparently just happened to be a perfect match for AtiDVD, thanks.

Yes, PowerDVD works perfectly but I'd prefer not to buy (and use) it as I already have the Ati. Got OEM WinDVD too, came with the mobo, but the master installer complains about wrong hw or something and won't give app installers serial numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.