AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. the nforce2 will encode and decode DD. ok, say i want to encode something from multichannel wave or just mp3 to dd (5.1 or 2.0 whatever) what can i use? not big deal, i can do it in software, but if my hardware can do i - atleast i want to try it once... how? anyone?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
You just enable Dolby Digital encoding in the control panel. Then everything will be output in 5.1 Dolby Digital.

Very simple :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hrmm... that is simple. what about convertion encoding. ie, encode a video clip and storing the audio as dd? like converting a xvid anime avi to a mpeg2 w/ DD?

·
Registered
258 Posts
The audio will need to be extracted from the avi file as raw wav (ala VirtualDub) and then convert it to AC3. Many programs do this (besweet, surcode).

AVI's encoded with any of the mpeg4 codecs will typically baloon to 2x size when converted to mpeg2 video for comparable quality. Encode the avi to mpeg2 with any such program (there are many, tmpgenc) using the avi as source for video and the ac3 file as the audio source.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
weak :)

but it should be easly done... if that powers that be could write a driver for it

·
Registered
258 Posts
Esben, can't do which part?

I transcode AVIsMPEG2WMV with DD/AC3, DTS, and mpeg1-layer-2 every day.

I use DD/AC3 for CD's and movies almost daily. The software has been out for a long, long time.

VirtualDub--avi processing (get the audio from your AVI)

Besweet, HeadAC3he--wav->AC3 encoding

AVI2MPG, tmpgenc, Ligos, Premiere: avi to mpeg2 encoding

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Prince Vlad,

I'm referring to his post. Look at the timestamps. Maybe I'm fast at the keyboard, but not THAT fast :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Esben, I did think you were that fast! Sorry about that....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.