AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any interest in starting a hockey league for NHL 2010? The game will be released on September 15. I am a huge Red Wings fan and would love to reclaim the cup for Detroit!

I guess first come first served for teams, like the Madden thread, and I'll keep this first post updated.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I did one last year on AVS for 09, but not much follow through on the league part. I am in with Day 1 purchase (hell i still play the heck out of 09).

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'll be there on day one as well. Maybe we can keep a league going a bit better than for 09.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, if there's not enough for a league we can just play some games together. Or maybe only do the playoffs or something.

·
Registered
852 Posts
i will be picking it up as well. i play nhl 09 almost ever night. i am a huge red wings fan as well. i went to both game ones of the finals last year and this. oh the red wings don't suck, will see how far the black hawks get in the playoffs, they don't have a goalie and as much as i likes having hosa on the wings he didn't show up for the finals and seems to get hurt to easy. i can't believe the hawks signed him to that long of a contract. i will say this with the young players staying up from grand rapids i think we will do just fine next year. GO WINGS!

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies /forum/post/16970034

I might pick this up since the Blackhawks are finally good... NHL is the best EA sports franchise, I played 2009 and it was an amazing game!

P.S. Detroit sucks!

hmmmm, didn't the Wings just beat the Hawks in the WCF in 5

If you can't beat them, steal them........Hossa
Kopecky
and S. Bowman.

Good luck in the 2010 season, should be a great rivalry

Wings Rule Baby

rwings

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Just to throw some fuel on the fire in the Wings vs Hawk war

No really,WTH happened with Kane? Did he went berzerk or was he THAT drunk. I mean, what kind of cheap bastard beats a taxi driver for 0,20$

Anyways, just wanted to talk about news, nothing to fight with me
I'm a habs fan

This game is out in a month. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwings01 /forum/post/16971994

hmmmm, didn't the Wings just beat the Hawks in the WCF in 5

rwings

Don't act like the wings dominated them... 3 of the games were OT

with that said, Let's go rangers.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbo20vT /forum/post/16981156

Don't act like the wings dominated them... 3 of the games were OT

with that said, Let's go rangers.

lol.....true, but atleast 5 or 6 key wings players were playing with serious injuries that would have kept them out of the lineup if it was the regular season. I think we would have beat the Pens if we were healthy.

Rangers.....good luck winning the cup anytime soon
I do like the Gaborik pickup though if he can stay healthy.

Come on already, let's get the 2009-10 season going already
They had enough time off, let's drop the puck.

I'm in Montreal, but not a Habs fan. I like what Gainey's done to change the core of the team. Should be an interesting season if the get the chemistry going with all the changes they've made. Would have like to see Kovy stay though, since I bought my 10 yr old son his Jersey last year

rwings

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwings01 /forum/post/16981300

Would have like to see Kovy stay though, since I bought my 10 yr old son his Jersey last year

rwings

LOL. At the one Red Wings game I've been to, I remember seeing someone in a Curtis Joseph Wings jersey and thinking, now that was not a good investment!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanSteve /forum/post/16962088

I am a huge Red Wings fan and would love to reclaim the cup for Detroit!

Sorry, Steve...I think we'll be keeping The Cup for another year.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Munshower /forum/post/16984483

Sorry, Steve...I think we'll be keeping The Cup for another year.

Is that what Gary Bettman told Cindy Crosby.

Well, it looks like he wants his poster boy to win multiple cups

rwings

·
Registered
572 Posts
I feel Washington/Ovechkin is going to take over as the poster boy and Gary's favorite to win the SC. I can see the calls going their way...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts