AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read the Dish Network NHL Center Ice page and it says the package will include games in HD.

I Wish I had something more official to say but I thought I should at least pass this along...

Quote:
NHL CENTER ICE

NHL hockey is back! And now it has all the changes hockey fans have been demanding. Every game will have more speed and more flow as teams will be more offensive-minded. There will be a better on-ice product and more competitive balance in the quest for the Stanley Cup. The rule changes will further maximize the excitement of hockey -- a shootout will be implemented to decide tie games and a new rivalry-based schedule will heighten interest.

NHL CENTER ICE let’s you experience this season with the most coverage possible with over 1,100 games* from around the League, including the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs and select games broadcast in high-definition.

Don’t miss the Free Preview from October 5 – October 11 on channels 540 – 558.

To thank loyal NHL fans, NHL CENTER ICE is now available for $30 off the full season price! Order the Early Bird package by October 31, 2005 to receive this special price of $129 or 3 payments of $43.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...ey/index.shtml

No HD language on DirecTV, so hopefully this isn't something Dish didn't make up...

Because of that, I've pulled back some of the excitement and changed the title...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Off topic, but I think the NHL dropped the ball here, they had a chance to gain a lot of fans with a free NHL Center Ice package, I know it may be out of the question, but they're giving less than one week of a free preview. When the league is doomed, they can try whatever they want, it wont matter with the same people running things

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I really wish that free CI story was true also.

Deffinetly wish there was a much longer free preview :(

·
Registered
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgall
Yeah, I really wish that free CI story was true also.

Deffinetly wish there was a much longer free preview :(
Although this is how long the free preview has been for the last couple of years at least. They also typically run a free preview mid-season.

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
Agreed, the free preview has lasted this long the past couple of years -- excluding last year, of course. Then it lasted, depending on your perspective, either all year, or not for a single game. Or both.

The NHL has been making big noises about how it wants to make things right with its fans.

It has cut some ticket prices in many markets, but it easily could have sliced the cost of CI dramatically. Of course almost all subs are hard core hockey fans, so why would the NHL want to keep them happy?

Chopping the price in half to win back fans and apologize for last year would have been classy and cost money in the short term, but garnered some sense of thanks from the hockey fan base.

The NHL also could have insisted that Comcast deliver the games on whatever tier OLN is received for this year, and work out its contractual problems after the first OLN season.

If you take out the premium tier OLN subs, OLN is down to well under 60 million subs -- just about 30 million fewer than ESPN offered.

These NHL guys continue to make baseball owners look like really good by comparison. And that is not easy to do.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Unless Center Ice can PROMISE that there will be HD games, I will probably bow out after about 4 years of subscription. I'll get enough on CSN, OLN (INHD) and the rumored HDNET. I'd also rather have it on cable (Comcast) than Dish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_N
Unless Center Ice can PROMISE that there will be HD games, I will probably bow out after about 4 years of subscription. I'll get enough on CSN, OLN (INHD) and the rumored HDNET. I'd also rather have it on cable (Comcast) than Dish.

Does anybody know when NHL center ICe will be available on concast. I noticed Dish and DTV have up.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domf3962
Does anybody know when NHL center ICe will be available on concast. I noticed Dish and DTV have up.
I just posted the question on the local Philadelphia forums in the hopes that JWhip, our resident Comcast expert will respond. If he doesn't see this thread, I can link to any response he provides.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_N
I just posted the question on the local Philadelphia forums in the hopes that JWhip, our resident Comcast expert will respond. If he doesn't see this thread, I can link to any response he provides.
Thanks. I am hoping. Where can i find Philly forums at. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.