AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NHL in HDTV on NBC

Please post all related comments here; include your source info: OTA, Cable, DBS, local station call letters & city.

Thanks to AVS member pkwjr for the following info:

#1 Game of the Week

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Available in High Definition

Play By Play: Mike Doc Emrick

Color: Eddie Olczyk

Inside the Glass: Pierre McGuire

This Game will air in the following NHL U.S. markets, and it's entire potential audience will total 60.2% of the United States

Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Carolina, Washington, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, Nashville, Minnesota, Colorado, Phoenix and Dallas.

#2 Game

Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers

Available in High Definition

Play By Play: Dave Strader

Color: Brian Hayward

Inside the Glass: Joe Micheletti

This game will air in the following NHL U.S. markets, and it's entire potential audience will total 20.7% of the United States

NY Rangers, NY Islanders, New Jersey, Buffalo, Boston, Tampa Bay and Florida.

· Registered
1,115 Posts
WVIT-DT via Comcast Cable... horrible PQ so far. Sound cuts in and out and theres little dots all over the picture much of the time. Hope its some pre-game kinks that will be worked out by game start. I'm anxious to see the NBC graphics used this year.

Edit: I should mention this is the Rangers/Bruins game.

· Registered
178 Posts
Watching Flyers/Penguins in Chicago and it is being shown in SD... so much for HD. Kind of mad right now. Im on comcast cable.

· Registered
626 Posts
NBC Miami via Comcast cable - Rangers v. Briuns. Not in HD, with NBC HD sidebars.

NBC Detroit (Starchoice satellite) HD, good pic, but drop outs with sound and pic dropping out.

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pens / Flyers up in 1080i & DD2.0, on WDIV-DT NBC Detroit, via Comcast.

· Registered
45,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by homcom /forum/post/0

I'm seeing a few video breakups on WDIV from Comcast here in Detroit with the Pittsburgh/Philadelphia game.

Yup. Let me switch to OTA, and see if it's the same there.

· Premium Member
3,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipton /forum/post/0

here in pittsburgh our local feed starts with the rangers game in hd, then they finally decide to swtich to our local pittsburgh game...and of course its in SD. this is pathetic.

Same thing here in Denver on OTA. First they went to the wrong game (Rangers in HD) then switched back to the Flyers and it is only in SD.

Edit 12:24 PM MST

They finally switched to HD on the Flyers game.

· Registered
45,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All sorts of video dropouts from WDIV-DT NBC Detroit, now on OTA.

· Registered
45,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipton /forum/post/0

is anyone getting the pens game in HD ?

Please read the topic before posting.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.