AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from slushy Pittsburgh. We'll be on the air at 12:30 ET with NHL. From the looks of things around town, there might be a football game or something later today.

WS

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNF Mixer /forum/post/15585316

Hello from slushy Pittsburgh. We'll be on the air at 12:30 ET with NHL. From the looks of things around town, there might be a football game or something later today.

WS

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Looks good and sounds wonderful (Charter Cable) Becoming more and more impressed with their video quality. Meshless scorebar looks great as well.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
VERY IMPRESSIVE PQ and AQ. Make sure to do a stellar broadcast like this for the Super Bowl

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkr /forum/post/15587048

VERY IMPRESSIVE PQ and AQ. Make sure to do a stellar broadcast like this for the Super Bowl

I'l try. I'll get to Tampa Tuesday to start the madness.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
wow

i guess you are still not allowed to touch Crosby?

first a penalty shot

now another pp

not sure how much longer I can watch the NHL

last years playoff was a disgrace

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
SNF Mixer you guys are doing a fantastic job today. Great PQ, AQ, and as someone said above I love the meshless scorebar.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gonna bolt for the airport fast after the game. Enjoy the NFL division championship games. Talk to you all from Tampa.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nice work on the game SNF Mixer. Please make the Super Bowl look this good!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Wait. You mean to tell me NBC had a national game of the week?

At 9:30am Pacific? Whoops, I must have missed it as I was asleep. Gotta love how NBC is considerate of the most popular state in the Union, California. They must love all the viewers they get from LA (#2 market) and Bay Area (#4 market) for a national game airing at 9:30am Pacific.

Besides, everyone knows THE game this week was played last night with the Sharks hosting the Red Wings. That was a Stanley Cup ERR Western Conf championship preview...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 /forum/post/15587978

he can only make it sound good.

I'd assume he could tell his co-workers though

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 /forum/post/15588020

At 9:30am Pacific? Whoops, I must have missed it as I was asleep. Gotta love how NBC is considerate of the most popular state in the Union, California. They must love all the viewers they get from LA (#2 market) and Bay Area (#4 market) for a national game airing at 9:30am Pacific.

Popular or populus?

·
Registered
325 Posts
i was howling watching milbury and pierre mcguire debate fighting...

milbury "youre just another guy who wants to sissy-fy the sport"

hahaha..amazing..

this game was very well presented. i dont watch a lot of hockey on nbc but this was a great experience. looked good, sounded good. lots of activity and ambiance in the surrounds.

actually noticed a pretty different sonic character from the nbc feed here in toronto to the TSN presentation of it, which *should* have just been the nbc feed...not as much of a soundstage or dynamics on tsn..everything sounded louder, but not as deep and "open" and real..same program just 1 or 2 seconds apart..very weird..

·
Registered
5,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 /forum/post/15588020

Wait. You mean to tell me NBC had a national game of the week?

Yeah, they should have waited to 3:00 eastern, 12:00 pacific so they could have put the game up against the NFC Championship game. That would have really helped the ratings.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts