AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I noticed that many of the regulars in here, myself included, have been losing precious gaming time to watching the NHL Playoffs. Figured we could use a place to keep track of standings, broadcast times and networks, along with a place to *****, or brag, or have some friendly trash talk.

Stanley Cup Final

Tampa Bay Lightning (#2)

vs.

Chicago Blackhawks (#3)

All games on NBC, times are EST:

• Game 1: Chicago wins 2-1
  • Game 2: Tampa Bay wins 4-3
  • Game 3: Tampa Bay wins 3-2
  • Game 4: Chicago wins 2-1
  • Game 5 @ Tampa Bay on Sat. 6/13
  • Game 6 @ Chicago on Mon. 6/15
  • Game 7 @ Tampa Bay on Wed. 6/17

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Rangers, please beat the Pens I really wish for very little else. That aside, thanks Crash. Been a surprise series so far, didn't really expect Jets to be swept, but other games are still going!!
Thanks. I figured a spot that isn't full of dbags like NHL.com would be a more fun place to talk hockey playoffs.

I didn't expect the Jets to get swept either. I figured Ducks would win, but in something like six. Wouldn't bother me if the pens lost either.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Go Blues....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go Blues....:rolleyes:
That game... I've been there with my team more times than I'd like. Sometimes it's just a battle of will. I still think StL pulls it out.

I'm concerned with my Caps today. A game to close the Isles, a game to close Nassau Coliseum. No way the current Isles want to be the ones who lost the last game in the building. Desperation is gonna fuel some serious emotion and I just hope the Caps can weather that first period.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
STL vs MIN...expecting 7. Both teams have been bubbling last few seasons. The Caps will pull it off, HOPEFULLY today, much rather see them versus NY than Isles.

As for Pens...poor Pierre McGuire, must be wallowing in misery now that his "exceptional" Pens are off to play some golf. (Really cant stand his commentary).

How bout those Sens tho!?! Are they this seasons Kings???

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
McGuire is really annoying, and biased, you're right. Not sure what the Pens thought was gonna happen after they let their two best veteran D go last year (and the caps picked them right up too).

Milbury on the intermission desk is the opposite about the Caps, and Ovechkin in particular. He has hated the way Ovi plays, called him lazy and selfish, and yep he sometimes is. Now this year, Ovi finished +10 (maybe the first plus year ever) and won his third Rocket Richard in a row. You can tell it kills Milbury when he has to acknowledge those stats on camera, and it makes my day when he does.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Caps-Isles going to game 7, I like Caps chances at home and think Holtby > Halak although Halak had had a good series save Game 5.

Chippy series, need more Tom Wilson to set the tone.

Rangers will be rested either way.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Isle better give that crossbar a big contract, lol, suck bad luck. Oh well, game 7 it is. Really with TB would get their **** together, my bracket cant afford them losing!

Go hawks?....kinda wish NSH won, but my bracket has CHI in that series. Few more days and then RD 1 is done; such an unpredictable time.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Go Flames! That was a great game on Saturday night, the bar was pretty silent when it was 3-0 Vancouver, but it was super loud after that comeback... and of course the Red Mile was loud and fun afterwards.

Got to say, I am surprised the Blues failed to win a series again this season, they were my pick to win it all this year (destroys my bracket). Are the Blues the new Sharks? Great regualr season but just can't get it done in the playoffs.

Game 7 tonight as well... my pick was Isles in 7, expecting another big game out of Tavares.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Go Flames! That was a great game on Saturday night, the bar was pretty silent when it was 3-0 Vancouver, but it was super loud after that comeback... and of course the Red Mile was loud and fun afterwards.

Got to say, I am surprised the Blues failed to win a series again this season, they were my pick to win it all this year (destroys my bracket). Are the Blues the new Sharks? Great regualr season but just can't get it done in the playoffs.

Game 7 tonight as well... my pick was Isles in 7, expecting another big game out of Tavares.
As a canucks fan...that was terrible. I didnt expect vancouver to make it past round 2, but good grief what a let down. I am very impressed with your Flames though, will be an good series against ANA. Hiller vs his old team :D.

One question...does Brian Burke EVER wear those ties or are they forever draped around his neck, lol.

As for STL, they just have a rough go every year. Rarely have they met up against a team that wasn't running hot. Both those teams brought their A game (imo), but I just think MIN has been bubbling. I think this is their year (if they can get past CHI). Hopefully caps win, my eastern conf bracket is falling apart, lol.

·
Registered
662 Posts
As a canucks fan...that was terrible. I didnt expect vancouver to make it past round 2, but good grief what a let down. I am very impressed with your Flames though, will be an good series against ANA. Hiller vs his old team :D.

One question...does Brian Burke EVER wear those ties or are they forever draped around his neck, lol.

As for STL, they just have a rough go every year. Rarely have they met up against a team that wasn't running hot. Both those teams brought their A game (imo), but I just think MIN has been bubbling. I think this is their year (if they can get past CHI). Hopefully caps win, my eastern conf bracket is falling apart, lol.
I should probably state that I am actually an Avalanche fan, but since moving to Calgary the Flames have become my "#2" team in the West.

But yes, the Flames have been really impressive, all season really, did not expect them to be even be in the playoffs. Bob Hartley for the Jack Adams! I liked the matchup against the Canucks, but not a fan of the matchup against the Ducks, they are a big team that will not be intimidated by a hard forecheck like the Canucks were. Hopefully Hiller feels like he has something to prove against his old team and just plays lightsout.

I guess that is true about STL, but I guess that's just life in the Central Division now and for the next few years.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Got to say, I am surprised the Blues failed to win a series again this season, they were my pick to win it all this year (destroys my bracket). Are the Blues the new Sharks? Great regular season but just can't get it done in the playoffs.

Congrats. Canucks didn't make it easy but what a comeback. No one should want to play the Flames right now.

Sorry about your bracket but I'm glad you were wrong about the Isles :) Weird thing about the series was everyone EXCEPT the big guns was scoring. Guess its what happens when teams key on certain players.

Detroit was really sloppy yesterday and decided to stop playing D. Tampa got sloppy near the end and almost blew it. I have no idea who wins this tomorrow the way its gone so far.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Congrats. Canucks didn't make it easy but what a comeback. No one should want to play the Flames right now.

Sorry about your bracket but I'm glad you were wrong about the Isles :) Weird thing about the series was everyone EXCEPT the big guns was scoring. Guess its what happens when teams key on certain players.

Detroit was really sloppy yesterday and decided to stop playing D. Tampa got sloppy near the end and almost blew it. I have no idea who wins this tomorrow the way its gone so far.
Yeah that was a strange game 7, 11 shots from the Islanders?! I think most of those were from the D and not one from Tavares.
Caps and Rangers should be a good series, would of been better if it was the battle of New York though.

Go Detroit tonight!

I want Detroit to win so my Habs can face them in round 2 :p. I wouldn't mind a serie against them since the last one is from ~1968.

Also, 2 original 6 team!
You just do not want to face the Lightning because they have beaten up on your Habs this season...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
You just do not want to face the Lightning because they have beaten up on your Habs this season...
It is one of the reason yeah.. Habs seems to have a problem beating big goalies, we saw it last serie against Anderson again. Same thing with Bishop. (They actually seems like having a trouble scoring this year :rolleyes:)

However, I wouldn't mind facing the Bolts in round 2 since what happened in the season doesn't matter anymore so anything can happen.

I'd much prefer watch Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Tatar, Nyquist, etc. I also never saw a Detroit/Habs serie, wasn't born the last time they played and 2 Original 6 team's serie is better! :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Work was so busy today, didn't have a chance to update until now! (I know it's not necessary but there's something satisfying about updating the thread, making it look good, etc.)

Tampa wakes up and seals the deal. Ducks, Canadiens and Rangers gotta shake off the rust. So do the Hawks and Wild, but they get to do it together. Glad I didn't fill out a bracket because it would be toast right now :)

I think Hawks-Wild will be one to watch. My gut tells me that one goes 7 and it's a rough road all the way.

I'm hyped for tonight! Gonna be a tough series for Caps-Rangers. My Caps need to show up and make a little noise :)

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
YAY my bracket continues!! I honestly thought TB was gonna lose, they were playing very lax up until the final 10 mins. Excited for the series with MTL!
It will probably be a very good serie. Less physical then our last one against Ottawa. 2 comparable teams.

Work was so busy today, didn't have a chance to update until now! (I know it's not necessary but there's something satisfying about updating the thread, making it look good, etc.)

Tampa wakes up and seals the deal. Ducks, Canadiens and Rangers gotta shake off the rust. So do the Hawks and Wild, but they get to do it together. Glad I didn't fill out a bracket because it would be toast right now :)

I think Hawks-Wild will be one to watch. My gut tells me that one goes 7 and it's a rough road all the way.

I'm hyped for tonight! Gonna be a tough series for Caps-Rangers. My Caps need to show up and make a little noise :)
Rangers will be hard to beat. If Holtby keeps playing well, it will help you a ton.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts