Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm thinking about upgrading my NHT Superones with NHT 1.5 for main speakers. I've been using three Superones across the front so I was wondering if I could keep one of the Superones to remain as the center speaker along with the new 1.5's. Do they match well?

BTW, the two superones will move to the rear to replace my RBH in-walls.

Thanks in advance!

marius

·
Registered
735 Posts
The SuperOnes will match well with the 1.5's, I have heard them together. They have similar tweeters, which is the most important issue and their tonal balance sounds close to seamless, IMO.

Good Luck, sounds like a nice little system

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I agree. When I wanted to add a center and rears to my 2.5s, I talked to a couple of NHT designers at CES. They said that while ideally, you should match within a *series*, all NHTs are a good match for all other NHTs, especially the 1.5/2.5 with the SuperOne/Zero.

I have 2.5is up front with an AC-1 in the middle, and SuperZeros in the back.

Remember that for movies, the dialog is almost all from the center and often there is not much else in the center. You will be fine and delighted.

I am with mine.

Mark

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm sorry to say that I disagree with all of you.

First the superone has a soft dome tweater and the 1.5 is a metallic one. It would not match that well as a center for 1.5 ...

It would be OK for rear ... just OK.

I know because I own 2.9 as front with a audiocenter2 as center and superone as rear.

I used to have the audiocenter1 with is a perfect match with 1.5 and 2.5 and found it to be a not so good match for the 2.9

I heard the 1.5 and superone combo on the front and when I sold my audiocenter1 to this guy it was so much better.

The front axis is very important so think about getting an audiocenter1 in a near futur.

EL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.