AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to get a great deal on two pairs of NHT speakers along with a VS1.2 Center. What can I say: I love them!

One problem, I only can keep one pair--so here it is: 2.5I vs. VT-2b. I would like to know which pair I should keep and which pair I should sell. Right now I really don't have a good room to listen to these in, so It is hard for me personally to make a judgement about them--however I am leaning towards the VT-2s.

Also, A little about my current setup.

They will be replacing my current mains which are a vintage pair of polks, The Polk RTA 11t. I am using JBL N26s and N24s as my surrounds in a 7.1 config--I discovered by accident that JBL bookshelfs match my Polk mains very well. I really do not have the budget to replace them any time soon. The receiver is a Harmon Kardon AVR-525

A few things to note:

1) I will be added an amp and bi-amping them

2) I will be getting rid of my powered sub and using the NHTs as my sub, so I want them to do a decent job of LFE.

3) I will have to ship the ones I sell, so I would refer to ship the 2.5is as they are smaller.

4) I would like to get a good price for the one that I resell.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mike,

I can not speak about the 2.5's, I do own the VT2's and am very satisified. I listen to a lot of 2 chanel and they do a great job. For HT however I am using a Velodyne HGS15, the NHT have good base for music but when you get into some of the HT stuff, nothing replaces a good powered sub. Biwiring is the way to go with these speakers.

Gary

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At what price point would you compare the bass performance of a VT-2 to a powered sub?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.