AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the M5s for L,C,R HT use. I need an in-wall speaker to match the M5s for surrounds. I might be able to make the L5s work if I can mount them within the walls (I realize they will protrude several inches from the wall surface). Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I've been there and seen them. I wish to know which of their in-wall line sonically match the M5s best.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The 6.2 Cis are the closest thing by far.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mskreis
Yes, I've been there and seen them. I wish to know which of their in-wall line sonically match the M5s best.
If you can mount the L5s in the wall, with a couple of inches protruding, they will match the M5s or M6s quite closely. I will shortly be using L5s for sides and back surrounds replacing THX dipoles.

Charles Wood

Fosgate Audionics

Rockford Home Group

(FA, NHT, MBQuart)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I replaced some NHT CS 8.3's, which I thought did a heck of a job, with some L5's a couple of weeks ago, and it has been like an epiphany. It's not that the 8.3's were bad, it's just the L5's are that much better. Heck, they're almost double the MSRP, but they are well worth it. I played some stuff on multi-channel stereo last night on my T5's, M5 center, and L5's, and I was just enveloped in sound, and it was still very clear, very loud.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like I should go with the L5s then. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.