AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at Subs. I think it would be very cool to get InWall subs but not sure how well they will do. What do you guys think:

NHT In Wall Subwoofer Module 399

NHT In Wall Subwoofer Module 399

A1 mono amplifier 399

X1 Electronic Crossover 299

Total: 1496

Or

SVS PB12-Plus $1,139.00

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Well, first of all this is the speaker forum not the subwoofer forum. The sticky thread by a moderator right at the top of this page says: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=518028 And, quite possibly starting three separate threads when you could have very easily covered everything in a single thread has people shying away from your other threads.

With that being said.... there are compromises with any subwoofer design. And, one of the most important aspects of a subwoofer's performance is how it interacts withing the room it's placed. It's a very rare day when where you "want" to put a subwoofer is the location where it will perform and sound the best.

So right off the bat, IW subs are a compromise. Once placed, you're stuck with where they are. And if it happens to be a location where you get poor performance and response, you're stuck with that too. So, I can't think of a single reason I would even consider IW subs.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankZ /forum/post/17008062

I'm sorry. I'll re-post on the correct forum.

No need to be sorry.... but as a future suggestion.... if you've already got a thread going and have a closely related question, it's probably best to just ask it in that same thread. Having three new threads kept at the top of the page ESPECIALLY if you continue to bump your own thread, is well.... I don't know, sort of boorish or something. Bad etiquette maybe?

Anyway, no worries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.