AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need bookshelf speakers in front and ceiling surrounds for the HT we are planning. I intend to listen to some NHTs next weekend. Any thoughts on the following configuration: SB-2's, SC-2, iC3's, SW12?

Although the SB-3's might be a better match for the fronts, my wife wants white speakers there. I'd like a better center speaker because I sometimes have trouble hearing dialog in movies, and a better sub because the room opens onto a larger space. Does it matter that these speakers don't match up exactly if they are all the same maker and line?

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
You will doubtless here from people who tell you that matching is critical.

IMHO, they are quite wrong.

And, in fact, NHT reps have told me the same at a couple of tradeshows now. In other words, they have endorsed my plans to mix and match their very speakers!

I use 2.5is, an AC-1 and SuperZeros. They "don't match" and they sound great.

I am quite sure, no matter what you hear, that you'll be happy with your proposed configuration.

Mark

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
You will doubtless here from people who tell you that matching is critical.

IMHO, they are quite wrong.

And, in fact, NHT reps have told me the same at a couple of tradeshows now. In other words, they have endorsed my plans to mix and match their very speakers!

I use 2.5is, an AC-1 and SuperZeros. They "don't match" and they sound great.

I am quite sure, no matter what you hear, that you'll be happy with your proposed configuration.

Mark
Generally speaking, it is a good idea to match speakers as closely as possible all the way around the room. Fortunately, the voicing of NHT speakers is such they can be mixed and matched with good results but the best results will still be obtained with a matched system.

Charles Wood

Fosgate Audionics

Rockford Home Group

(Fosgate Audionics, MB Quart, NHT)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cwood
Generally speaking, it is a good idea to match speakers as closely as possible all the way around the room. Fortunately, the voicing of NHT speakers is such they can be mixed and matched with good results but the best results will still be obtained with a matched system.
I was about to post something very similar. My experience with NHT's is that pretty much no matter what NHT speaker you get, you will always get that nice clean sound that NHT's are known for. I think you would be fine with this mix. Remember, get what works best for you, not what everyone else thinks is best for you.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have Super Center, Super Twos and Super Ones for my speakers and they sound great. I agree that your front three should sound sonically simliar though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.