AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NHT 3.3 Placement Help

Calling All NHT Users!

I am a long standing NHT listener, and find the geometry line (1,5, 2.5, 2.9, 3.3) to be an outstanding value. I am in the design phase of a Home Theater. In the past I use 2.9 speakers and an AudioCenter2 as my front three channels. They were about 8' apart, and I sat 8' away from them (Equilateral method). GREAT two channel sound.

My new theater will have the speakers 11' apart from each other AND I am planning to upgrade to the 3.3 speakers to better fill a larger theater room (Same AudioCenter2). My question is "How far do you sit from your 3.3 or 2.9 speakers? Do you find position changes soundstage a little or a TON?

NHT would recommend a listening distance of nearly 16' from the speaker, which is impossible in my design.

Im curious as to your thoughts!

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Well, that is a 23 year old design; the 3.3s were first introduced in 1993. My guess is that many people have upgraded by now. If you are hoping to get advice from people that used to own them, probably best to change your thread title to include 3.3 to attract attention.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that is a 23 year old design; the 3.3s were first introduced in 1993. My guess is that many people have upgraded by now. If you are hoping to get advice from people that used to own them, probably best to change your thread title to include 3.3 to attract attention.
Advise taken. Yes, they are an OLD speaker. However, they were VERY popular for a number of years, with many units in the homes of many Audiophiles. I expect there are a number of people who still have them, or had them at one time, and worked on placement.

Maybe no one will reply. Maybe a flood of replies.

Thanks for your advise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I found with my 3.3's I really didn't care for the 1.5 times back listening ratio and have better luck at 1.25 times back. I got some 1/4 20 metal feet at home depot that screw right in the spike mounts and it makes them slide around much easier for experimenting. These are some of the pickiest speakers I have ever had but once you find their ideal spot they are really tough to beat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts