AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using Infinity studio monitors up front and Ref series as my surrounds (5.1 system). I'm looking to consolidate into all bookshelf sizes all around for the wife's sake. Of course I'm going to go demo a few different choices, but I'm leaning towards the NHT superones. Since they've been replaced by the SB series, the older models can be had for a song. I'm not sure whether I'd get the superone XU for wall mounting or just make my own mounts.

I will be mating them to either the Denon 3803 or the Pioneer Elite 45tx for home theater use only. I will be using a sub, so low frequency performance is less of an issue.

Has anyone listened side by side? Also, if you have any other suggestions for similarly priced bookshelves, let me have it.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
It depends on the room size/subwoofer because I felt that the smaller SB1s I heard clearly outperformed the SuperOnes but with less bass. They are an amazing speaker and I used to have NHT 1.1s which are very similar to SuperOnes. The SB1s and SB2s are light years ahead if you don't mind spending a little more money. However, SuperOnes are still impressive speakers, if not as refined. I like the NHT bookshelf speakers because they work very well with a subwoofer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.