AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 5 years, my NHT SW12's amp isn't working anymore. I thought it was a ground-loop problem, but even when I disconnect the connection to the receiver there is still a loud hum, and I can't tell even when it's plugged in if there's any output of signals, just plain hum. Called in NHT and they said it's probably an amplifier problem within the sub.

That being said, what's the best next thing to do? I can either repair it for $150 + shipping (around 30 bucks) = $180 net, replace it with NHT's new B-10d, for $500 minus the $150 from the trade in + $30 shipping = $380 net, or get another brand.

Since when we got our 1st HT system, our living room has expanded. It's not an "ideal" HT environment, living room + kitchen is entirely connected, wooden floors on living room + marble at kitchen. We're thinking of enclosing the living room area with thick curtains to make it more HT friendly. Large size subs isn't necessary, but being black and piano gloss/wooden finish is preferred. Any recommendations on a new sub-$500 subwoofer, fix it for $180, or "Upgrade" to a smaller 10-inch sub that supposedly performs nearly as well for $380?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts