AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I'm moving to a much larger home with a living room turned movie theater(ish) and my brother in law was nice enough to give me his set of NHT VT-2 and VS2 speakers. They're from 1995 however and I'm kind of worried about the integrity of the sound. The center channel/surrounds (NHT VS2) tweeters look like they have some gunk on them and it's all cracked. I'm not sure if it's the tweeter itself that's messed up or if there's some gunk on them and can be cleaned up. Haven't tried cleaning them as I don't want to damage the tweeters. Any suggestions on how to go about getting these up and running optimally? They work now but definitely don't live up to the hype and my only reference to these right now is a Micca 5.1 set up (my old theater setup) and JBL LSR305's(bedroom studio). I keep hearing about people replacing capacitors with older speakers. Should I look into doing that as well? If need be, is there anywhere I can still find replacement tweeters and woofers for these things? Looking forward to your guys' thoughts on what to do with these speakers. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19,788 Posts
Look on Ebay for the tweeters and/or woofers .... and look for reform kits for surrounds on the drivers if they have dry rotted foam

Also contact Nhthifi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look on Ebay for the tweeters and/or woofers .... and look for reform kits for surrounds on the drivers if they have dry rotted foam

Also contact Nhthifi
To be honest I didn't even think to contact NHT directly. Thank you brother. I'll hit them up tomorrow morning and see what they suggest. Appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts