AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I gain anything speaker wise if I used a pair of VT 1.2's as surrounds. I'm
currently using another pair of VT 1.2's in the front as left and right. I have the front bi-amped using a seperate sub amp for those speakers.

Need Advice

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm currently using NHT Super ones for surronds. My system consist of VT 1.2 fronts, VT1.2A center, SW2pi sub, with stand alone amp, NHT super one for surronds. I'm also using a second sub amp for the bi-amp I'm doing with the VT 1.2 bass woofers on the fronts I have removed the bridging straps. I'm thinking about adding the other 2 VT 1.2 to surrond replacing the super ones, and the onkyo 876 av receiver.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi,

You may receive a small benefit by replacing your rear speakers with the VT1.4's. However a more substantial increase would be gained by adding powerful sub.

I have NHT VT2.4's up front along with VS2.4 for my center and surrounds which I love, but my most substantial step up was when I added two powerful subs to my system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Static Wick for your reply. The bass I'm getting is probably not as good as what you are getting from the 2.4's. Will the bi-amped front sub's from the vt 1.2 make up for the bass I might be missing. Also what causes the bass in the vt 1.2 to rattle when the gain is turned up the sub amp.

Thanks Again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.