AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
LOVED the first one. Played it with my two young children and we really had a great time. We're all looking forward to this, though my son wants to know where Oliver is in this trailer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
LOVED the first one. Played it with my two young children and we really had a great time. We're all looking forward to this, though my son wants to know where Oliver is in this trailer.
Ditto! My three kids will be pumped about this release.

·
Registered
320 Posts
OH HELL YEAH!!!! :D:D:D

Loved the first one, looks like I'll be getting a PS4 sooner than I thought.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Played the first game on ps3. It was really enjoyable. Look forward to this one. I wish Playstation was making ps3 compatible to ps4 instead of ps2.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Played the first game on ps3. It was really enjoyable. Look forward to this one. I wish Playstation was making ps3 compatible to ps4 instead of ps2.
That's because PS2 emulation is extremely simple by comparison.

Usable PS3 emulation would be quite difficult due to the unique architecture of the ps3. And the processing power required is well beyond what the PS4 is even remotely capable of.

Emulation of systems like that take a great deal of time and processing power to achieve. The Sega Saturn for example was quite a weird console in it's time, having dual 32 bit processors. When playstation 1 emulation was in workable and playable form as early as 2000 (even on the dreamcast, see Bleem!). The best any Saturn emulator at the time could achieve was run the intro to the system bios or a game or two at extremely low frames per second, even on the highest end PC's. It wasn't until the late 2000's that Saturn emulation became really useful, even then it required a decent multi-core CPU.

Here's where PS3 emulation stands currently.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPCS3

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm glad the reviews are strong, because I was concerned with the fact that even though it's a sequel, it doesn't have some of the core elements (capturing animals/familiars, turn-based combat, extensive voice acting) that made the first one so much fun for me and my kids.

Will probably buy but later when the price has come down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts