1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh..._Blu-ray_/3144

First day buy for me. Thrill me

For those who don't want to click the link

The horror cult classic will make its high-definition debut this Halloween.

Sony says the Fred Dekker horror film 'Night of the Creeps: Director's Cut' will creep onto Blu-ray this October 20.

The Blu-ray will be presented in 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video with a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 soundtrack, and will be loaded with supplements including: Audio Commentary with Members of the Cast; Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Fred Dekker; Deleted Scenes; Alternate Ending – Theatrical Version; Original Theatrical Trailer; Trivia Track; Birth of the Creeps - Writer/Director Fred Dekker discusses his influences and early filmmaking experiences and how NIGHT OF THE CREEPS evolved into his debut feature film.; Cast of the Creeps - Actors Jason Lively, Tom Atkins, Steve Marshall, and Actress Jill Whitlow talk about their experiences on the film, and how they have dealt with the film's enduring cult success over the past 25 years; Creating the Creeps - Make-Up FX Creators David B. Miller, Robert Kurtzman and others discuss the extensive make-up creations in the film, and how they brought the slithering sluglike "creeps" to life; Escape of the Creeps - A detailed look into the film's post-production and why the film was barely released to theatres with Writer/Director Fred Dekker, Composer Barry DeVorzon, and Producer Charles Gordon; Legend of the Creeps - Final words from the cast & crew on the film's enduring cult popularity plus interviews with the film's biggest fans; Tom Atkins: Man of Action – A detailed look at the career of Tom Atkins with testimonials from filmmakers he's worked with over the past thirty years; Footage from the June 2009 cast reunion screening at The Original Alamo Drafthouse Cinema; and BD-Live Access.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Great addition to my 10th Month viewing, fer sure.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I saw the HDTV version (1080i) a while ago and it looks AMAZING!!

So I have HIGH hopes about this BD edition

This is one of the best horror comedys of all time!

Waited for a DVD release since 1997. After a few years I actually gave up hope of EVER getting the movie on a disc. And here we are 12 years later, and it sure was worth the wait since we also get in in HD

I hope we can choose the endings with seamless branching.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Personally I prefer the cemetery ending, since it was a more fitting ending than the Zombie dog.

·
Registered
584 Posts
As I sit and type this while wearing my "THRILL ME" t-shirt , you can bet I'll be buying this one. Between this and Trick R Treat, this year's Halloween is gonna rock!

·
Registered
825 Posts
This fall is going to be awesome for us horror lovers!!

Too bad Lionsgate won´t give us a BD of "The Gate" when they release it on DVD this fall, since there exists an awesome HD transfer of that one too, got a HDTV rip in 1080i.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I swear, I wish I could get a job making crappy floating head covers for blu-ray releases, I'd never go hungry again.

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_R_STL /forum/post/17247927

I swear, I wish I could get a job making crappy floating head covers for blu-ray releases, I'd never go hungry again.

For sure!
And the previous DVD cover wasn't any better.

Maybe I'll pop over to the Blu-Ray Custom Cover Art thread and ask someone to PLEASE work on a replacement.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G /forum/post/17249740

For sure!
And the previous DVD cover wasn't any better.

Maybe I'll pop over to the Blu-Ray Custom Cover Art thread and ask someone to PLEASE work on a replacement.

Not really a previous cover since those are both brand new, but I agree! Apparently there was a poll on Amazon to pick from among various crappy designs, and that is what we ended up with. I really like this artwork that was done for the UK video release:

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_R_STL /forum/post/17250515

Not really a previous cover since those are both brand new, but I agree!

Oops! My mistake. But I would have even settled for the original poster artwork.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I dont´understand why they change the artwork into photoshopped crap these days.

Look at the original artwork of the Friday the 13th covers and compare them to the DVD/BD:s

Or even worse the original artwork on The Road Warrior to the BD

Why do they do this? It´s not like there is 5 diffrent versions of Night of the Creeps on BD so they had to make another cover to tell them all apart

It feels like the original artwork of these old horror films died with the LD and VHS. Those formats had AWESOME artwork on these movies.

Too bad they dont handpaint the movie posters these days.....

·
Registered
584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romerojpg /forum/post/17261064

I just guess the silly Poll's they do say the majority of people prefer poor Photoshop floating head covers, that's the only way anyone could justify them.

Well you know, Jason Lively is a huge draw for the kids these days. By golly, if you slap Jason Lively's face on something real big, you just know it will sell!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts