AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has experience with bar or nightclub installations and content providing. My question would be what type of software/device would you recommend to play music videos in hi-def, BUT in random. I have been looking at different software/hardware options. I have been also asking around at local bars/nightclubs to see what they are using. Some of them have indicated they are using ripped content to a computer for the music videos.

I happened to have a few clients that are looking for this feature and I have entertained the thought of using a PC, Mac, AppleTV or just a plain old dvd player. I have already set up the video hardware for the locations and an outside vendor was supposed to provide the video content, but they are not being direct with my clients. My clients are now willing to drop the content provider because of frustration that they are not delivering on their part.

I know that this may be a tall order for my first post, but I've been looking all over the internet for some type of "standard" or norm for this content.

Thanks for any info in advance!

· Registered
1,157 Posts
don't most medi players (like WMP, Itunes, etc etc) have a "random" playlist? Wouldn't that suffice?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oddly enough most of the media players do not do random for video files. They will only play audio in random, but anything with a .avi, .mov, .mp4, etc extension will not play in random.

The closest one that I've found was VLC media player. There are some quirks with this player too which I may not be able to use. I have seen different set ups in a bar or nightclub setting, but anytime I inquire about the software or system I usually get someone who doesn't know what is running it or how it runs. In most cases they have an outside company that manages the content as well as how it runs.

If anyone can shed some light on the software that can achieve this, it would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.