AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost every day I get a message: ".... connection to the SB failed, because unit (4504) was busy recording a show. You need to allow to connect...bluh, blah.."

How to make sure that it connects? I have no guarantied shows programmed at night. I do not care if 1 or 2 movies are not going to be recorded - not enough time to watch everything recorded anyway. Any suggestions?

Thanks....

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Use "243-RZ" to have it dialup at a time when you project no recordings will occur daily (maybe 2-3 AM). It should use that approximate time to make the calls from that point on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried it - doesn't work. I am getting a message: "there was an error communicating to SB". I wonder is the dial up speed is a problem - I can't connect faster than 30.1kbps from my PC.

More than that, I do not understand why it can't connect & record at the same time!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
How often per week does it connect? Before I ran an additional phone line to our bedroom where our ReplayTV 2000 lives, I would only connect it once or twice a week. That was plenty enough as long as there wasn't some unexpected craziness that altered the lineup.

As for your question, I suspect--but am not 100% sure--that there isn't enough processor power/RAM for Replay's to do both a nightly update AND record at the same time. If you stay up late watching TV, you'll even see a message at the bottom of the screen that warns it is going to connect and that you won't be able to watch for a time with a little countdown clock.

Best,

Matthew in CO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.