AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one a few weeks ago, and I had one last night. I had this nightmare that I was watching movies in Pan and Scan and I didn't care. I was watching it. And you know I refuse to watch Pan and Scan. But in my nightmare, I was. I was like, "Oh it's fullscreen, oh well." So far, I've had like 2 or 3 of these. I'm gonna need some psychological help now. :D

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I had one that the aspect ratio was so large that all I say on my plasma was a 2 inch strip of film surrounded by huge black bars that were as big as doors.It was the third installment of LOTR and I woke up screaming.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Therapy anyone? The psychologist would say "Your nightmares are the result of being insecure about aspect ratios." He/she then puts you in a stray jacket, tie you to a chair in front of a widescreen monitor and lets you watch endless P&S movies until you had enough and forever refuse to watch P&S movies again. Now that is what I call therapy or torture whatever you want to call it.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Garrison
I'm gonna need some psychological help now. :D
What, you've just now figured that out!! :D :D Seriously, I had a dream like that once where I was forced at gunpoint to sell tickets to a Grateful Dead concert... ugh, shivers up my spine just thinking about it. You know I share your views about OAR, I'm just glad I don't have nightmares about it!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had a dream last night that a friend/co-worker of mine got fired for riding his Harley inside our place of work. We work at a hospital. This has nothing to do with home theater, but it was strange non the less.

~ Jay

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SCSI
He/she then puts you in a stray jacket, tie you to a chair in front of a widescreen monitor and lets you watch endless P&S movies until you had enough and forever refuse to watch P&S movies again.
P&S with a twist of A Clockwork Orange. *shudder*

:p

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just had another one! I was so into this movie mom happened to be watching, I didn't really care about the aspect ratio. Oh, somebody PLEASE make it stop!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
LOL!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Just before Star Wars, Ep. 1 was released in theaters, I started to have recurring dreams that I would be killed before I could see it. Almost every night I would dream that I was hit by a bus, or had a large piece of concrete dropped on me from a tall building. My wife thought I was nuts, but I was starting to think that I was geting some kind of sign. Turns out the movie wasnt as good as I had built it up to be in my own mind.

Now, I just need to live very carefully until Ep 3 is released, then I can get back to sky diving, and wrestling alligators in my spare time :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.