AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a situation where I need to install in-wall surrounds and I only have a maximum of 9 inches between the studs. I can't do in-ceiling or on-wall. The maximum price should be no more than about $2000 per pair. Given those parameters, can anybody give me some recommendations that would fit and perform well? I'm pulling my hair out!

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Hsu HIW-1 is exactly 9" wide - trouble is you'd be about $1700 under budget. ;-)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm familiar with opening up stud areas by reframing but in this instance I can't do that. Also, I forgot to mention earlier that I would prefer a speaker with a backbox.

Since I only have 9 inches width total, I'm thinking I need a speaker a good bit narrower than that so that I'll have room for the dog legs to swing out and clamp onto the drywall. Unless the speaker uses a different mounting method.

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Triad Inwall Mini LCR, inwall mini satellite, inwall bronze satellite or have Triad make a custom size for your needs, like a custom bronze 8 LCR. All Triads mentioned are built like a regular speaker with an enclosure which is better solution than an open back speaker with a back box. I doubt you'll find any dipole/bipole type surrounds that will fit in that space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.