AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
holy crap...it really is sold out everywhere online!

Well there are plenty at the gamecrazys & eb/gamestops around town...but im really shocked to see it out of stock everywhere on the net...a few coral ones around, but whi & blk are nowhere to be seen other than ebay..

·
Registered
53 Posts
sucks bro....I live in seattle (2 blks from a store that has them right now) and our local branches will go to the warehouse in nbend to pickup new release games sometimes....I wonder if they can pickup systems too?

a friend was invited to NOA a few weeks ago and they had tons of systems there..wii & ds. She bought 6 wiis at the company store, while the stores were all sold out.

Ive also seen a couple articles that japan is taking some of the DS units back from the states...cause they are sold out everywhere too lol

bad for us, good for nintendo's investors

·
Registered
266 Posts
What's the deal behind the DS shortages? It just doesn't seem possible that the demand for the DS could suddenly shoot up so high that the system is now impossible to buy. I know December is odd at the retail level due to all of the Christmas shopping, but this is still a headscratcher. I bought a DS the week of Black Friday almost on impulse because I loved my 1980s style DS-Brick so much. I wanted a black one and got it, it was defective (naturally) and replaced it with another black one. I had no problems getting two! Is Nintendo just pouring all of its manufacturing and distribution resources into getting the Wii out to stores?

BTW, I had something even more shocking than an Elvis sighting today. I walked in a Gamestop and saw wiimotes, nunchucks, and classic controllers on a shelf. This is the first time I've seen an accessory since Dec 23rd, and it's the first time I've seen all three controller components available since the feeding frenzy on launch day. Then I went to Target and saw all three again. I still didn't see any Wiis, but I saw several PS3s.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Has anyone looked into SEARS for a DSLite?(Or a Sony PS3 and Nintendo Wii for that matter)?

It seems with all the HUGE B&M stores(Best Buy/Circuit City/WalMart/Target) anymore, people forget about SEARS, and KMart to boot.

These stores go unnoticed(and unwanted apparently, especially in Kmart's case) for some reason, and people tend to forget that they sell Electronics as well.

There TURNOVER is not as great as the HUGE B&M stores, so there is a good chance that they may have what you are looking for. People tend to not even think of them, therefore some product is left there.

I would look into those.

P.S. I noticed near me as well(NW Pennsylvania and NE Ohio) that ALL of the DSLites are GONE!!. And NO/ZERO Nintendo Wii's anywhere in sight. So socomnick, you apppered to be right on with that.

Save SEARS like I mentioned above. They had 3. 2 White, and 1 Black. I took the Black one. It was the only place locally that I knew had any(but I never checked to the 3 local KMarts that still, somehow, survive near me.

I REALLY would look in one of those two stores for one of these.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wii /forum/post/0

Ive also seen a couple articles that japan is taking some of the DS units back from the states...cause they are sold out everywhere too lol

I was in Tokyo two weeks ago and yes, most stores that I have gone to are out of stock of DS Lites (and Wii).

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just saw "tons" at my local Costco (Silverdale).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.