AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a DS for my son for Christmas and was wondering if there is a way to stream movies from my PC to the Ds like I can on my PS3. I'd be looking to get the DSi XL so it would be one with wifi. Just don't see any info about whether ot not it can be done.

I do have a prgram that can take my DVD's and convert them to a DS compatible format (at least it tells me it can!) but all of my movies are already backed up and would rather not do it again.

Is this possible?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/19527128

Possible? Yes. Worth the hassle? No.

The DS is an excellent gaming device. Use it for what it was intended.

I'm debating between the DS and PSP for my son. He uses my Iphone all the time for gaming and streaming things like Netflix or home media stuff so I am trying to find a portable gaming machine that can do similar stuff. Just want it to be better games than the Iphone....otherwise I would just get him an Itouch.

The PSP does everything I want but the games seem to be lacking in the kids area and he wouldn't be able to play against his friends since most currently have the DS. I guess I can't have it all in one.

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Yeah, the two good choices are DS or iPod Touch. Personally, my iPod Touch 3 and then my iPhone 4 completely replaced my DS use. Gaming on the iOS platform is growing rapidly, and if you can't find great titles to play on it, then you aren't looking very hard.

If he likes playing with your phone so much, really why not just get him an iPod Touch 4?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts