AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

I want to do a black Wii case mod on my Wii, and while I have never had a Nintendo product break (still use my original NES), I don't want to take any chances. I have a good amount of virtual console games and wii ware titles and if I do the case swap, will this eliminate Nintendo's willingness to repair my Wii, even if I pay for the repair service?

As always thanks for your input!!!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by overwilhelmed /forum/post/18236346

Hi all -

I want to do a black Wii case mod on my Wii, and while I have never had a Nintendo product break (still use my original NES), I don't want to take any chances. I have a good amount of virtual console games and wii ware titles and if I do the case swap, will this eliminate Nintendo's willingness to repair my Wii, even if I pay for the repair service?

As always thanks for your input!!!

Willingness to repair? Probably not.

You could also Google search "Wii Skins" - while most adhesive skins will surely be some whacked out color/pattern/motif, I imagine someone out there makes an all black one. No need to remove the actual WIi case at all.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
There is a good chance they will not repair it if its been modded at all. I'd say go for it though, the Wii in general is super reliable.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I've got a skin on my 360 that I wanted to make black, and I think it came out really well. I got the Decalgirl "Solid State Black" one, and it's a nice shiny looking black:

The biggest issue is that it's pretty difficult to get on straight, so there's very tiny seams (see around the memory unit slots/ sync button on the bottom left, and the USB door on the right). Even still I think it looks really good.

The Wii one would be: http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/5...cid=9021591004

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you pay for the repair, they'll still do it. It is possible you'll lose the case mod if they send you a refurb instead of repair yours, though. If you ever have to have it worked on, just through it back in the old case.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nophix /forum/post/18240293

If you pay for the repair, they'll still do it. It is possible you'll lose the case mod if they send you a refurb instead of repair yours, though. If you ever have to have it worked on, just through it back in the old case.

True - most reports I have seen state that Nintnedo rarely fixes a busted Wii, but simply issues the owner a new or most likely a refurbed model, with all WiiShop account data & generally all save data transferred to the replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts