AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,108 Posts
It is very doubtful that a NON HD gaming system will win anything. Nintendo underestimated the HD viewing audience...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
joeron, I'm curious. Do you own a Gamecube?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,108 Posts
I picked one up SUPER cheap with a couple used games that I keep in a closet and the only time it comes out is when my nephews and nieces come over(or visitors with kids). I then hook it up to a tv in my guests room. It keeps them company while we watch movies in my theater. They enjoy mario kart the most...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod
I picked one up SUPER cheap with a couple used games that I keep in a closet and the only time it comes out is when my nephews and nieces come over(or visitors with kids). I then hook it up to a tv in my guests room. It keeps them company while we watch movies in my theater. They enjoy mario kart the most...
I hear ya, I used mine for a few games back when I first got it and yes, now it entertains the kids pretty much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Quote:
It is very doubtful that a NON HD gaming system will win anything. Nintendo underestimated the HD viewing audience...
I think they got it about on target, even if 50% of new TVs bought in 5 years are HD, what, 99% of the TVs actually *in use* in the world are still SD?


Much as I love HD, Its still just a small market right now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,108 Posts
The gamecube is that non threatening system that you know is pretty much rated G. I forgot to mention that SuperMonkey Ball is also a big fan favorite here...I still do not see how a non HD system is going to outsell the others. The new system may as will have the tag "for kids 5-11" on it. Unless you are an adult who does not care about HD at all which I think would be nuts at this stage of the game. The majority of tvs selling are HDTVs. So wouldn't a buyer want to play something that was HD on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darusgrey
I think they got it about on target, even if 50% of new TVs bought in 5 years are HD, what, 99% of the TVs actually *in use* in the world are still SD?


Much as I love HD, Its still just a small market right now.
Well said.


I agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxThe Deanxx
I hear ya, I used mine for a few games back when I first got it and yes, now it entertains the kids pretty much.
If this is the case Dean . . . then why do you spend so much time posting about Nintendo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMe
If this is the case Dean . . . then why do you spend so much time posting about Nintendo?
I think Dean is looking towards the future. I cannot recall a Dean GC post.. but he posts Revoloution info.


The Gamecube was a very, very small part of Nintendo. If you bought and enjoyed a NES, SNES, GB, GBA, or DS and enjoyed them you are a fan of the companies games and systems even if you did not find the Gamecube to be one of your favorites.


The GC was (Ok just speaking for me) the dark ages of Nintendo, kinda like the 80's for Corvette's. That does not mean the Revoloution should be dissed before its even out and it certainly means Dean should be able to post about the Revoloution without GC fans taking shots (Not you Jay, but others were yesterday).


Seriously the GC fanboys need to take a step back and RELAX. We beat the GC/XBox thing to death last year! You love the little box and others do not.


Start looking forward like others have and see there is more to Nintendo than the purple box!


If dschroll posted interesting and positive 360 info under his original account I would read it with an open mind not just toss insults becasue he was not the biggest XBox fan on the board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMe
If this is the case Dean . . . then why do you spend so much time posting about Nintendo?
If you notice, all of my posts have been directed at the Revolution, which I will be getting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,715 Posts
I like my systems for their games.


How many uselesss arguments can that simple statement kill? Countless!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxThe Deanxx
If you notice, all of my posts have been directed at the Revolution, which I will be getting.
I have to ask myself why I bother really.

All I get here is hostility from you, CallMeJean, BigJohnthomas, and callmejean, and more recently practically threatened by Shawn Peters over a video game system and I'll be honest, it isn't worth it. I have even tried to reach out to some of you through PM without even a response which brings me to one conclusion that I cannot share on the open forum. Take care because I am adding all of you to my ignore list. Chances are some of you are old members under new names anyway & no point talking about something you enjoy with people that intensely despise you over a video game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxThe Deanxx
Chances are some of you are old members under new names anyway & no point talking about something you enjoy with people that intensely despise you over a video game.
Just a reminder . . . So are you!!


FYI


I'm all about talking about games.


So Dean . . . start talking . . . what Nintendo game have you been playing recently? What are your favorite GameCubes games and why?


:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,108 Posts
My last Nintendo game I played and enjoyed was Mike Tyson's Punchout...Being Little Mac was innovative and fun...Now those are the kind of games I miss...Oh and Contra was great to...Up-down-up-down-L-R-L-R-B-A-select start= 30 free lives...Now that was a game!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod
My last Nintendo game I played and enjoyed was Mike Tyson's Punchout...Being Little Mac was innovative and fun...Now those are the kind of games I miss...Oh and Contra was great to...Up-down-up-down-L-R-L-R-B-A-select start= 30 free lives...Now that was a game!!!
Awesome game for sure.


You should try some Nintendo games from the last three generations . . . there are some good ones.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,108 Posts
Sorry, I skipped N64, and the only gameCube action I get is when there are kids visiting my home. I do enjoy watching them play Rogue Squadron though. I will be checking out the Revolution, I may get it to update my Gamecube system. I like to think of my place as a Camp JoeRod with something for everyone...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
You should break out the Cube and Rogue Squadron when the kids aren't around . . . it's even more fun.


:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod
My last Nintendo game I played and enjoyed was Mike Tyson's Punchout...Being Little Mac was innovative and fun...Now those are the kind of games I miss...Oh and Contra was great to...Up-down-up-down-L-R-L-R-B-A-select start= 30 free lives...Now that was a game!!!
Wow, that's old skool. :D
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top