AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo Revolution wins the next-gen wars!!

4K views 54 replies 16 participants last post by  price3 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I picked one up SUPER cheap with a couple used games that I keep in a closet and the only time it comes out is when my nephews and nieces come over(or visitors with kids). I then hook it up to a tv in my guests room. It keeps them company while we watch movies in my theater. They enjoy mario kart the most...

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod
I picked one up SUPER cheap with a couple used games that I keep in a closet and the only time it comes out is when my nephews and nieces come over(or visitors with kids). I then hook it up to a tv in my guests room. It keeps them company while we watch movies in my theater. They enjoy mario kart the most...
I hear ya, I used mine for a few games back when I first got it and yes, now it entertains the kids pretty much.

#7 ·
Quote:
It is very doubtful that a NON HD gaming system will win anything. Nintendo underestimated the HD viewing audience...
I think they got it about on target, even if 50% of new TVs bought in 5 years are HD, what, 99% of the TVs actually *in use* in the world are still SD?

Much as I love HD, Its still just a small market right now.

#8 ·
The gamecube is that non threatening system that you know is pretty much rated G. I forgot to mention that SuperMonkey Ball is also a big fan favorite here...I still do not see how a non HD system is going to outsell the others. The new system may as will have the tag "for kids 5-11" on it. Unless you are an adult who does not care about HD at all which I think would be nuts at this stage of the game. The majority of tvs selling are HDTVs. So wouldn't a buyer want to play something that was HD on it?

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by darusgrey
I think they got it about on target, even if 50% of new TVs bought in 5 years are HD, what, 99% of the TVs actually *in use* in the world are still SD?

Much as I love HD, Its still just a small market right now.
Well said.

I agree.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxThe Deanxx
I hear ya, I used mine for a few games back when I first got it and yes, now it entertains the kids pretty much.
If this is the case Dean . . . then why do you spend so much time posting about Nintendo?

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMe
If this is the case Dean . . . then why do you spend so much time posting about Nintendo?
I think Dean is looking towards the future. I cannot recall a Dean GC post.. but he posts Revoloution info.

The Gamecube was a very, very small part of Nintendo. If you bought and enjoyed a NES, SNES, GB, GBA, or DS and enjoyed them you are a fan of the companies games and systems even if you did not find the Gamecube to be one of your favorites.

The GC was (Ok just speaking for me) the dark ages of Nintendo, kinda like the 80's for Corvette's. That does not mean the Revoloution should be dissed before its even out and it certainly means Dean should be able to post about the Revoloution without GC fans taking shots (Not you Jay, but others were yesterday).

Seriously the GC fanboys need to take a step back and RELAX. We beat the GC/XBox thing to death last year! You love the little box and others do not.

Start looking forward like others have and see there is more to Nintendo than the purple box!

If dschroll posted interesting and positive 360 info under his original account I would read it with an open mind not just toss insults becasue he was not the biggest XBox fan on the board.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMe
If you notice, all of my posts have been directed at the Revolution, which I will be getting.

#14 ·
Quote:
If you notice, all of my posts have been directed at the Revolution, which I will be getting.
I have to ask myself why I bother really.

All I get here is hostility from you, CallMeJean, BigJohnthomas, and callmejean, and more recently practically threatened by Shawn Peters over a video game system and I'll be honest, it isn't worth it. I have even tried to reach out to some of you through PM without even a response which brings me to one conclusion that I cannot share on the open forum. Take care because I am adding all of you to my ignore list. Chances are some of you are old members under new names anyway & no point talking about something you enjoy with people that intensely despise you over a video game.

#15 ·
Quote:
Chances are some of you are old members under new names anyway & no point talking about something you enjoy with people that intensely despise you over a video game.
Just a reminder . . . So are you!!

FYI

I'm all about talking about games.

So Dean . . . start talking . . . what Nintendo game have you been playing recently? What are your favorite GameCubes games and why?

:)

#16 ·
My last Nintendo game I played and enjoyed was Mike Tyson's Punchout...Being Little Mac was innovative and fun...Now those are the kind of games I miss...Oh and Contra was great to...Up-down-up-down-L-R-L-R-B-A-select start= 30 free lives...Now that was a game!!!

#17 ·
Quote:
My last Nintendo game I played and enjoyed was Mike Tyson's Punchout...Being Little Mac was innovative and fun...Now those are the kind of games I miss...Oh and Contra was great to...Up-down-up-down-L-R-L-R-B-A-select start= 30 free lives...Now that was a game!!!
Awesome game for sure.

You should try some Nintendo games from the last three generations . . . there are some good ones.

#18 ·
Sorry, I skipped N64, and the only gameCube action I get is when there are kids visiting my home. I do enjoy watching them play Rogue Squadron though. I will be checking out the Revolution, I may get it to update my Gamecube system. I like to think of my place as a Camp JoeRod with something for everyone...

#19 ·
You should break out the Cube and Rogue Squadron when the kids aren't around . . . it's even more fun.

:)

#20 ·
Quote:
Wow, that's old skool. :D

#21 ·
While I agree that Nintendo is seriously onto something by keeping console and game developement costs low and introducing this new controller, the absense of HD is probably gonna be a deal breaker for me.

If its $99 though, I'll seriously consider it.

Oh and in reply to the original topic. oktober, that article is close to 5 months old my friend. Plus how can Nintendo or Sony or MS have won the console war when only one of them is out? And does it really matter which company wins? I just want the best games, that's all.

Last question: How old are you?

My guess: 12

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewing
While I agree that Nintendo is seriously onto something by keeping console and game developement costs low and introducing this new controller, the absense of HD is probably gonna be a deal breaker for me.

If its $99 though, I'll seriously consider it.
Keep in mind taht 480p will still be there so it's still going to look good. I don't think lack of HD is a reason to break the deal just something to harp on with the hope Nintendo listens.

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewing
Oh and in reply to the original topic. oktober, that article is close to 5 months old my friend. Plus how can Nintendo or Sony or MS have won the console war when only one of them is out? And does it really matter which company wins? I just want the best games, that's all.

Last question: How old are you?

My guess: 12
Wow. First of all, my friend, I posted that 4 months ago. Way to pay attention. Shows how much action is on this board. :rolleyes:

Secondly, the post was dripping in SARCASM! It was meant to be FUNNY! This was posted at a time when none of the consoles had been released yet, and everyone was posting back and forth as to which system would come out on top.

Thirdly, I'm 28. Nice guess though.

Matt

PS....REVOLUTION RULZ!!!!

;) ;)

#24 ·
Quote:
Keep in mind taht 480p will still be there so it's still going to look good. I don't think lack of HD is a reason to break the deal just something to harp on with the hope Nintendo listens.
Agreed. Graphics are a big part of a game/console, but gameplay and interaction are an even bigger part, IMO. I'm hearing more and more positive feedback on the controller, which is encouraging. A price point of under $200, and I'm in.

Matt

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11
Wow. First of all, my friend, I posted that 4 months ago. Way to pay attention. Shows how much action is on this board. :rolleyes:

Secondly, the post was dripping in SARCASM! It was meant to be FUNNY! This was posted at a time when none of the consoles had been released yet, and everyone was posting back and forth as to which system would come out on top.

Thirdly, I'm 28. Nice guess though.

Matt

PS....REVOLUTION RULZ!!!!

;) ;)
E-sarcasm if very hard to discern. :eek:

#26 ·
Ok, let me just bring up the name Adolph Hitler and we can close this thread.

:D

That's usually where the best debates end with Adolph Hitler comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.