AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a similar thread that has been dead for over a year so I wanted to revisit this topic.

I have Panasonic G15 50-inch model with a Wii hooked up to component input. The TV has a setting in the menu for Color Matrix as SD or HD. When the HD setting is put on, the colors go slightly darker and less intense. In SD mode the greens go lighter colored most noticeably. What setting should this be set too based on the Wii's color output in component 480P. In the old thread most people were indecisive and there was no clear answer. Most responses were that it was user preference, while the original poster, like me, wanted to know what it should be set to for color accuracy. I had the set calibrated a couple weeks ago. Any one? Bueller?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecoleman /forum/post/16902943

In the old thread most people were indecisive and there was no clear answer. Most responses were that it was user preference, while the original poster, like me, wanted to know what it should be set to for color accuracy.

It's funny because while I was reading this post I was thinking the same thing as the above quote but since you don't care about your preference and just want what is accurate (which can be called your preference
) I would leave it on SD.

Reason being, I don't think that Nintendo would waste money on using a HD color space because it doesn't do HD.

Just my $0.02.

By the way, why didn't the calibrator of your TV set it to the correct setting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts