AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a similar thread that has been dead for over a year so I wanted to revisit this topic.

I have Panasonic G15 50-inch model with a Wii hooked up to component input. The TV has a setting in the menu for Color Matrix as SD or HD. When the HD setting is put on, the colors go slightly darker and less intense. In SD mode the greens go lighter colored most noticeably. What setting should this be set too based on the Wii's color output in component 480P. In the old thread most people were indecisive and there was no clear answer. Most responses were that it was user preference, while the original poster, like me, wanted to know what it should be set to for color accuracy. I had the set calibrated a couple weeks ago. Any one? Bueller?

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Probably should be SD, since the wii is an SD device. But I've never bothered to find a way to measure the wii, so that's just the logical assumption of what it should be given what the standards dictate and the hope that they followed standards.

If you could get some test patterns on there, that would tell you for sure. You could use the internet browser feature for that probably...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.