AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Guide shows the repeat airing of Nip/Tuck on FX at 11p-12a and so does Zap2It.com. but TVGuide.com and FXNetworks.com show it at 11:30p-12:30a, as it has been for a couple of months. it seems unlikely, but is there any chance TMS got it right and it shows at 11p?

these Guide conflicts still surprise me. don't all the guide services get the same data feed? is there somebody at TMS calling the networks to ask when shows are on, then writing the info down on paper and giving it to someone else to type into a database?

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
In this particular situation, if I had to guess, I'd guess zap2it/TMS has it

right. Nip/Tuck gets better ratings than Orlando Jones and I wouldn't

be surprised if the repeat episode beat Orlando Jones, so moving the

latter to 12midnight slot is quite believable, but the safe thing to do is

pad, or record both.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
In this particular situation, if I had to guess, I'd guess zap2it/TMS has it

right....
whoa, good guess! i would have guessed the opposite. because of the uncertainty, i juggled my recording schedule and got the 10p showing, but now my faith in TVGuide.com is shaken.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well, your lucky....for UPN53 in my area....TMS/Zap2IT has it wrong....so I check UPN53's website to get the correct info (TVGuide/TitanTV have it right)....and resort to manual recordings. Because Zap2IT got it right last week, but then they decided to get it wrong again this week.....just so that I would miss if I was using show based recordings.

The Dreamer

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Geez... I missed this thread yesterday, and I think I also missed Nip/Tuck as a result.

Sure hope you guys who got it don't delete it right away until I can get home and see if I recorded it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have it set to record weekly 11:30-12:30. Early last night I tried to pad a 10-11 recording by a few minutes, and it did give me a conflict warning, which confused me, but now seems explainable. Hopefully it recorded the moved show.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by plyons10
Geez... I missed this thread yesterday, and I think I also missed Nip/Tuck as a result.

Sure hope you guys who got it don't delete it right away until I can get home and see if I recorded it.
i didn't realize this before, but it looks like FX rebroadcasts Nip/Tuck on Sat morn (12a-1a) and Sun night (10p-11p). at least, that's what the Replay Guide and Zap2It and TVGuide say.

the Megan O'Hara plot was great!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Turns out I did get this week's episode. And it was one of the best yet!

I'll be keeping it on my machine until IVS is back up definitely.

I am plyons AT optonline.net

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.