AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Nitrogen injection will not make a difference.....except to the marketing folks.

If this cable is truly a 'high speed' rated cable, then you can expect it to work as well as any other high speed rated cable for HDMI

·
Registered
17,929 Posts
Nitrogen gas injected dielectric sounds like something Sheldon Cooper would come up with
Pure marketing b.s. As stated above, any certified high speed hdmi (certified is the operative word here) cable will meet or exceed all expectations if the run is under 25'. Buy from a reputable dealer like Monoprice, MediaBridge, Blue Jeans, etc and you'll have the best you can get.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Looking at the page you linked to I really didn't see any of that silly marketing hype. Marketing is marketing though and if one fool is convinced that something like this somehow makes things a bit better, than that's fine for that company.

Of course, if they sold the same cable for $2 less, then that would be even better. There are certainly better values out there, and IMO, at 6' or less, not using a slim cable doesn't make a ton of sense anymore. Not with the same quality being available in a cable which is slim enough to dress in more easily, handles bends better, and is still cheaper.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated  /t/1524950/nitrogen-gas-injected-dielectric-for-maximum-signal-strength#post_24547983

Looking at the page you linked to I really didn't see any of that silly marketing hype. Marketing is marketing though and if one fool is convinced that something like this somehow makes things a bit better, than that's fine for that company.

Of course, if they sold the same cable for $2 less, then that would be even better. There are certainly better values out there, and IMO, at 6' or less, not using a slim cable doesn't make a ton of sense anymore. Not with the same quality being available in a cable which is slim enough to dress in more easily, handles bends better, and is still cheaper.
It states it on the hothdmi wedsite. I figured it was all bull. Using this pluglug and the hdmi that came with the ps4 I see no difference in pq at all. Im glad i didnt spend 80 bucks on the monster cable the bestbuy guy was trying to sell me and my wife when we bought the tv an console. Haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts