AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got one of these 6000B/S cases yet from nMediaPC? Looks to be new and I can't find any reviews. Looks similar to the 2000B with a shiny bezel and no flip down piece to hide the optical drive.

I'm considering it with the free ship option right now. I would like to stick to a full ATX case for the most flexibility in motherboard choices (and the ability to use hand me down motherboards from my main PC over time). It's down to this, a Silverstone, or maybe an Antec. I really don't want to spend the Antec money and don't need all of the bells and whistles.

My goals are to get a case is roomy enough for a 2-3 drives with decent airflow, not too bad on the set up, well made, looks nice in the entertainment stand, and is quite.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just got one for my father in law. I have the antec fusion for myself. Although I like the antec fusion, the nMedia isn't a bad build. Build quality is good and it has a sliding bay to store your drives which makes it very easy to access.

My only dissapointment was from my lack reading. I knew it didn't have an IR receiver, but I guess I assumed the VFD that looks to be there actually works. It doesn't though. You have to buy the module seperate. Here is the LCD on their site:

http://www.nmediapc.com/prolcd.htm

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I broke down and ordered an Antec NSK 2480 off of Frys.com this morning for $60 on sale. Not sure that will be my main media box as I really wanted an ATX case, but with the included reasonable quality PS, for the money I couldn't pass this up. It's far from the most feature filled option I had, but I caved

I might still get one of these nMediaPC cases down the road and use the 2480 for somewhere else in the house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts