AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 nMEDIAPC 6000B is $85 at Newegg. I'm thinking about re-using some parts in a build (ASUS P5Q-E and Core2 Quad Q9550) and would need a full ATX capable case. Has anyone here had any experience with it? The reviews I've found all seem pretty positive but I've never heard of the company before.

Also out of interest, I priced up a completely new build around this case (all prices after MIR and inc shipping):

PSU CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 ($20)

Case nMEDIAPC 6000B ($85)

Mobo F1A75-V PRO Socket FM1 A75 ATX AMD Motherboard ($75)

CPU AMD A6-3500 ($60)

Memory Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) ($42)

SSD OCZ Agility 3 ($55)

IR Receiver HD Plex Internal IR Receiver ($12)

Total = $349 ex software. Not bad + I think I could get a better deal on the RAM if I waited for a deal. What do you think?

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's a very large case. I use mine as a server/htpc combo. It has room for (IIRC) 7 drives. I have 6 in a raid configuration, and an OS SSD. Airflow does seem decent, but for my purposes I swapped the case fans out with a third party fan. I have a ceton card and a dedicated GPU in the case as well. Like I said... LOTS of room. The front panel would be the weak link. Cheap plastic, and I feel like the fold-down panel will snap off one of these days.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt I'd use the fold down panel for anything. As for the size, it would be good to have room for all the storage drives inside. I use a HDHomeRun and with the proposed build would have no separate GPU. If I re-used my existing hardware, I'd get a small cheap card so it sounds like I'd have plenty of room. Are you happy with the overall look and quality other than the flimsy door? Also, did you get the front LCD panel? I'm wondering if its worth the extra cost ($35 on Newegg).

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The LCD isn't very good IMHO, but if you want one I'll do a better deal than Newegg on mine. PM me. I decided to put an internal IR in that window.

I have the nMediaPC 1000b and I like it very much. It's a perfect match in color and size to my Onkyo AVR.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did not opt for the LCD. I had read that it's a real pain to get working with Win7, so I didn't buy it. As for overall satisfaction, I'd say it's a good case. If you plan to load it up with drives though, I would plan on swapping out the fans. It does get hot in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts