AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For owners of NMT Popcorn Hour C200 model, was wondering:

1) Does the latest firmware and internal HW support playback of DSD/DSF SACD files ?
2) Does the latest firmware support the NMJ Navigator app ?? As of now, my C200 cannot be found within the NMJ app when it is scanning for devices. Guessing only the C300 and up is supported.

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Halfelite,

That is what I thought but wanted to confirm if there was FW on the way that would roll down to the C200. Looks like I might have to upgrade.

Tell me, when the A400 builds out the cover art front end, how can you determine what is DSD and what is anything else, either from the TV screen menu or the NMJ app ??

Basically, how do you drill down to your DSD music ? Is it like the movie side, where you select genre, but with music you select format ??

Then once you play your DSD file, I assume that the A400 will start sending the DSD format to the DSD compatible prepro or AVR and that's it, nothing else to configure ??

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, are you sure that the A400/410 handles DSD ?? I went to the A400 site, and it does not mention DSD, only these :

A400:
Audio Containers: AAC, M4A,MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA),WAV, WMA, FLAC, OGG
Audio Decoders: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS,WMA, WMA Pro,MPEG-1 Layer 1, 2, 3, MPEG-4 AAC-LC, MPEG-4 HE-AAC, MPEG-4 BSAC ,LPCM, FLAC, Vorbis, TrueAudio, APE Audio
Audio Pass-Through: DTS, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD

A410:
Audio Containers – AAC, M4A,MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA),WAV, WMA, FLAC, OGG
Audio Decoders – DTS, WMA, WMA Pro,MPEG-1 Layer 1, 2, 3, MPEG-4 AAC-LC, MPEG-4 HE-AAC, MPEG-4 BSAC ,LPCM, FLAC, Vorbis, TrueAudio, APE Audio
Audio Passthrough – DTS, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA

So unless I am looking at the wrong sites or specs, seems like only the VTEN supports DSD (in their specs).

I am hoping that moving from my very stable and solid C200 to a VTEN will have significant improvements. All I really want to add is the DSD playback and support for the NMJ app.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
The A400/410 got dsd/dsf support it was not part of the original launch. you might want to look on the NMT forums the 400 series I think had problems with certain sampling rates where the vten looks to do better with dsd. Sadly I dont use NMJ so I have no idea how it looks for music

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah got it, that makes sense, got added later. Thanks for the updates. With a very affordable price of $180, the VTEN seems to be a no-brainer upgrade from my C-200.

Thanks again !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts