AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends!

I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I have fresh Win7 MC on handmade i3-530 Gigabyte H55-UD2. All connected to Denon 789 through HDMI. Windows can see Denon and all formats are supported. However I cannot get 5.1 from Media Center whatever I do. MC audio setup in 5.1 produces test sounds through fronts only. But when I play DVD i have 5.1 sound!

Please advise!

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNemo /forum/post/18121515

Hello friends!

I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I have fresh Win7 MC on handmade i3-530 Gigabyte H55-UD2. All connected to Denon 789 through HDMI. Windows can see Denon and all formats are supported. However I cannot get 5.1 from Media Center whatever I do. MC audio setup in 5.1 produces test sounds through fronts only. But when I play DVD i have 5.1 sound!

Please advise!

I had the same problem for a while solved it by switching HDMI AUDIO OUT to OFF in processor menu. After that I could get 5.1.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by timc878 /forum/post/18123475

I had the same problem for a while solved it by switching HDMI AUDIO OUT to OFF in processor menu. After that I could get 5.1.

Thanks for advice. Will try it today. I guess currently everything is set to auto.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
So far I'm not so sure you have a problem. Afterall, you are getting 5.1 audio when playing a DD or DTS signal from a DVD.

Go to Control Panel and then Hardware and sounds. Click on manage audio devices under the sound section. Select your HDMI device from the list and click properties. Select the tab Supported Formats.

Under the Encoded Formats section, are you shown Dolby Digital and DTS? If so, you should be fine. You should be able to also select the Encoded format listed and click the test button. You should hear all 5.1 channels from here (except maybe the sub. Sometimes the volume output is too low). As long as your TV shows with DD and your movies properly play 5.1 content, you don't have a problem. If you're having issues getting 5.1 out of video files, such as mkv, then it's a codec issue that needs to be resolved.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

Issue is gone, thought I do not know what fixed it. Id did same things 1001 times, and now it just works.

However some people mentioned that MC sound leveling might produce such an effect. But I cannot find it anywhere in MC settings. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am seeing an issue w/ my onboard realtek coax digital audio output. when i go into the control panel I am able to go to the encoded formats section and do the tests for both DTS and dolby digital and they both play fine and send audio to all 5 speakers and subwoofer. However, when I then try to go into media center and set up the speakers by way of the media center setup wizard, I select 5.1 channel audio and then when i do the test that media center gives you all the audio is sent to my front speakers and i get nothing out of my subwoofer. If anyone can please please please give me any pointers I would greatly appreciate it. I even went as far today as to run out and buy a cheap sound card the supported 5.1 channel audio and had an optical output. This card gives me very similar results, in the audio devices controll panel I am able to go into the encoded formats section and get the full 5.1 setup to respond, but anywhere outside of that control panel, everything gets sent to the front channels. please advise, please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.