Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody

Need help. Can't get 5.1 sound from Sound blaster audigi 5.1 via TOSH link. I connect it to Sony 555ES and only pro-logic coming out. How do i know?When if feed receiver Sony from stand alone DVD player, the blue neon light starting to glow and some pictogram shows me that signal is Dolby Digital, but from computer, us i sad before just pro-logic signal.

Help Please.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Have you "bypassed" the SPDIF signal? Go to settings -> control panel-> AudioHQ -> device control. Set SPDIF to by-pass. I have had a problem with the driver "not remembering" that it was in by-pass mode when the system rebooted I had to toggle it to default and then exit the device control app and then toggle it again to by-pass. I just upgraded to the latest drivers and it would appear to be working now but I haven't tested it enough to know if it is truly fixed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelM1965
Hi everybody

Need help. Can't get 5.1 sound from Sound blaster audigi 5.1 via TOSH link. I connect it to Sony 555ES and only pro-logic coming out. How do i know?When if feed receiver Sony from stand alone DVD player, the blue neon light starting to glow and some pictogram shows me that signal is Dolby Digital, but from computer, us i sad before just pro-logic signal.

Help Please.
I thought only nForce2 motherboards with Soundstorm were capable of 5.1 output to an external receiver via SPDIF.

That is the concensus over at Audioforums.com.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The Nforce 2 was the only one capable of doing the 5.1 processing in real time on the chip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.