AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Trinnov Alt16, Parasound Amps, Martin logan speakers, 120” screen, SVS subs and dedicated media room
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought the new 5000 yesterday, went home to hook it up, and low and behold while setting it up to my Sony HD-100 DTV receiver, I didn't get an audio feed! It also would not send a signal to my plasma through the RGB outputs.

Does anyone have the Sony HD-100 setup with the new ReplayTV5000 series? Are you getting a progressive signal to work?

Help.

eric

·
Registered
Trinnov Alt16, Parasound Amps, Martin logan speakers, 120” screen, SVS subs and dedicated media room
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the guys at Good Guys really are stupid. I told them the same thing and they couldn't figure it out...what about the audio problem...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I setup a 5080 just recently and you do need to enable the YPbPr outputs through setup. The digital audio output is always on.

I did a comparison between S-Video and YPbPr and there definitely is a difference in the sharpness. When I switch between the two on my set with a paused screen there is more detail on the YPbPr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.