AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may be a rookie mistake, but I really need some help.

Right now I have a temp setup until I get my new HD Cable box.

Set up is as follows:

• Cable Box with Svideo to the Plasma. (pq- is great)

• Soon as I did that the speakers on the TV stopped working.

• Have digital Co-ax from the box to the amp for the sound.

• Only the digital channels pick up sound - not the standard ones. (thru amp - not TV, TV's speakers dont work now for some reason)

• Hooked up composite audio from the box to the amp for the standard channels, but still no luck for the audio. (going from the the box to the Video 2 ports)

So in summary - Audio only from the home speakers on the digital channels only - and no audio whatsoever from the tvs speakers.

Any help guys would be really appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyj19
Were you using the S-video output on the cable box before you made the change?

no I was going direct with the cable from the wall to the box, box to the tv. I just put Svideo on. So now its cable to box svideo from box to tv. Digital coax from box to amp, RCA's from box to amp to the video 2 ports.

I dont have any RCA's for analog going to the tv because I have them from the box to the AMP. Hope this helps ..

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Steve is right. You have no audio to go with your video.

There is such a thing as an RCA to 2 RCA splitter, so you could have RCA going to both the amp and the TV. Since this is an interim hookup ...

Probably the easiest thing is to live with it until you get your HD cable box. Chances are good you will then have audio all the time on your digital connection to the amp and can use the RCA to go to the TV along with component video.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a Panny 37 Consumer model. Motorila cable box with 1 s video and 2 rca audios. And I tried going direct to the TV with the RCA's ands still no luck. I cant understand why the tv speakers wont even work now. so what I understand from the above is I should go to the amp and the tv with the rca's? Box to amp then amp to tv?

I do have audio with my video , its just not working! lol. Digital from box to amp. And RCA from box to amp to the video 2 outputs. Even tried going to the tv with the rcas, still no luck. arghh.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker7
its a Panny 37 Consumer model. Motorila cable box with 1 s video and 2 rca audios. And I tried going direct to the TV with the RCA's ands still no luck. I cant understand why the tv speakers wont even work now. so what I understand from the above is I should go to the amp and the tv with the rca's? Box to amp then amp to tv?

I do have audio with my video , its just not working! lol. Digital from box to amp. And RCA from box to amp to the video 2 outputs. Even tried going to the tv with the rcas, still no luck. arghh.
So this is the TH-37PX50U and what model Motorola STB: example DCT???? and what model receiver?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont have the models with me, will post up soon.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not sure I found the manual for your TV or not, but there should be L-R audio inputs just below the S-Video input you are using. Use those.. if not, try using the "digital in" audio L-R.

best of luck,

Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.