AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to copy my entire DVD collection to my PS3 so I can have them there when I want to watch without having to use disks everytime. I've been using DVD Decrypter and have already ripped a bunch of DVD's with no issue. However, I'm having an issue with one of them. In case it matters, it's DHOOM 2 (Hindi movie) and it's a dual layer disk...when I use DVD Decrypter to rip I get video but no audio. I'm not doing anything different from what I normally do, but still no go. I thought maybe the software was corrupted or something so I tried another DVD and it does work. That led me to believe it's something to do with this specific DVD. The DVD does work in the PS3, with both audio and video...it's just the ripped VOB file has no audio. Any ideas? And does it being dual layer make a difference?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update...I came across this in my search for an answer:

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9524

Could this just be whats happening? That the audio is there but stored on another stream? And WMP just can't play it? I didn't try the file on my PS3, but before I re-rip it, just wondering if that is the cause?

I also saw something about A3C or AC3 audio or something...could that be a factor as to why WMP can't play the audio?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts