AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this should be really simple (I hope).

I have my HD video camera plugged into the Game/TV HDMI port on my receiver. I have the HDMI out plugged into the 1 HDMI port on my TV. I have changed the source on the receiver to Game/TV. I have changed the source on the TV to HDMI. I get great video and no sound. I have checked the volume on the TV, receiver, it is not muted and I am getting sound via other audio sources that are going to the same tv thru the receiver.

So I decide to plug the video camera directly into the TV's HDMI and voila video and sound.

This is a brand new receiver and the first time I have tried to use the HDMI ports. Any ideas why I am getting no sound when going thru the receiver?

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Just a guess, but check the manual. You may need to tell the receiver if you want it or the display device to reproduce the audio from HDMI. The default is usually the receiver, so you'll get no sound going through to the TV.

Edit...check p.81.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I discovered exactly what you were talking about without ever reading your post. There was a "miscellaneous" setting under HDMI that allowed HDMI audio to be sent to the TV speakers. That did the trick. Thanks for the response!

Edit: Just saw your page number reference...That is EXACTLY what I did...Thanks a bunch!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts