AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is what is happening:

-got up, no audio through my home theater (was working fine when I went to bed)

-Did some troubleshooting and bypassed receiver straight to the TV

-used 2 differant HDMI cables straight from satalite to TV, no audio but video is fine for both

-tried old regular AV cable (red/white/yellow) and I get audio.

SO...it would seem I have either 2 bad HDMI cables or there is something wrong in the satalite receiver(Bell expressvu 6141). Anyone know of a setting that I might check? I at a lose here.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky44 /forum/post/14220383

OK, here is what is happening:

-got up, no audio through my home theater (was working fine when I went to bed)

-Did some troubleshooting and bypassed receiver straight to the TV

-used 2 differant HDMI cables straight from satalite to TV, no audio but video is fine for both

-tried old regular AV cable (red/white/yellow) and I get audio.

SO...it would seem I have either 2 bad HDMI cables or there is something wrong in the satalite receiver(Bell expressvu 6141). Anyone know of a setting that I might check? I at a lose here.

Or a bad audio decoder in the TV - or you changed a setting and didn't remember - sorry no help with the latter, other than to say go through the menus of both devices and look for something about audio input/output. If you have another hdmi source, or hdmi receiver, that could help your debug efforts. I suppose both cables could be bad, but more likely the source or reciever are bad, or you were incapacitated and changed a setting without knowing it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky44 /forum/post/14220780

Thanks...I actually just reset my Satalite receiver and it is working now...Bell sucks!

Problem solved
I guess Bell is like Microsoft - when in doubt reboot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts